AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1062 Posts

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #301

Visual Color Comparison - A Report on Display Accuracy Evaluation

This report examines an advanced method of using electronic measurements to provide a direct visual comparison between an expanded selection of desired target colors and a display’s actual measured colors.

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
For Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk MP4/MKV Users that using LightSpace CMS/HCC/HCL with Media Player Classic Home Theater using madVR as a renderer, there's a new madVR version available to download.

madVR 0.87.0

New Features

* added debanding algorithm, based on improved version of "flash3kyuu_deband"

* added file name tag "deband=off|low|medium|high"

* added automatic detection for fades from/to black or white (for debanding)

* added support for using OpenCL with NVidia, AMD and Intel GPUs

* added DXVA surface splitting via OpenCL (only AMD and Intel GPUs)

* added error diffusion algorithm (requires OpenCL)

* added NNEDI3 chroma upsampling (requires OpenCL)

* added NNEDI3 image doubling/quadrupling (requires OpenCL)

* added flexible settings profile functionality

* added file name tag "profile='profile name'"

* added IMadVRSettings2 interface to enumerate settings and manage profiles

* settings can now be edited without madVR running (only on local PC)

* madNvLevelsTweaker -> madLevelsTweaker now also works for Intel GPUs

* madVR doesn't dither, anymore, when a pixel doesn't need dithering

* added Intel driver bug workaround for "use separate device for presentation"

* added madHcNet64.dll to allow madTPG automation from 64bit calibration tools

* added API for asking madVR about the output levels (TV, PC, custom)

Bug Fixes

* fixed: full backbuffer queue slowed rendering down

* fixed: madTPG sometimes didn't update to newly requested test pattern color

* fixed: madTPG dithering produced blocking artifacts

* fixed: when upscaling exactly 2x, AR filter wasn't active for blue channel

* fixed: ArgyllCMS/HCFR disabling the 3dlut didn't work

* fixed: LAV Video Decoder sending v210 produced corrupted image

* improved frame cropping support

* improved windowproc hook stability

* a couple of very small pixel shader performance improvements

* optimized madVR default settings

* improved madVR tray icon menu looks on newer OSs

* tags now require "tag=value" or "tag:value"; "tag value" no longer accepted

* disabled automatic DCI-P3 detection through 2048 video width

Download Link

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Ted,

madVR allows to import a very large 3D LUT meaning 256x3. Im not owning LS yet ( but will one day ), but lets say I use your disc to measure 4931/9261 points and the question is - would be there any significant benefit when letting LS to interpolate a 256x3 3DLut instead of 65x3 ( eeColor max )? Can LS create such big 3D LUT ( no bit-depth issues )? Sorry if this is more Lightspace question, but you seem to break boundaries with your disc, so Im just curious what you think.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutotype  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24255681

Hi Ted,

madVR allows to import a very large 3D LUT meaning 256x3. Im not owning LS yet ( but will one day ), but lets say I use your disc to measure 4931/9261 points and the question is - would be there any significant benefit when letting LS to interpolate a 256x3 3DLut instead of 65x3 ( eeColor max )? Can LS create such big 3D LUT ( no bit-depth issues )? Sorry if this is more Lightspace question, but you seem to break boundaries with your disc, so Im just curious what you think.

Thanks

Hello, look, interpolation is guessing, the thing that counts is the number of the total measured color points. When you take more real color samples of a video reproduction system (source+display = full video path), then you will have more 'real' correction.

As far I know, PRO industry is comonly using 65 or 64 or 33 point cube sizes interpollated sizes that are generaTED from 17-point mainly but at some critical color with higher bitdepth systems, they are using 21-33-point real measurements.

For 8 bit source, the 17-point cube is enough and the 21-point is the ideal after my testing here.

LightSpace can generate 64-point for Assimilate Scratch, Flanders Scientific, Inc (FSI), Zunzheng Digital, FilmLight TrueLight, Digital Vision Nucoda Film Master, SGO Mystika, IRIDAS

65-Point for Quantel Pablo & eeColor.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Is there some area I can go to that explains how the disc is controlled and how/where the meter is connected? Do you use the player's remote? Is the meter connected to the disc player and if so how?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderduck  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24271554

Is there some area I can go to that explains how the disc is controlled and how/where the meter is connected? Do you use the player's remote? Is the meter connected to the disc player and if so how?

Thanks for the help.

you can manualy change the pattern in the disc with the player remote or patterns are played for 10 sec and change automaticaly to the next pattern

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderduck  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24271554

Thanks for the help.

Hello, I'm sorry but my website is not ready 100% but you will have a complete idea when you will read the following instructions:

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk covers the 3 majar software that pro/home calibratiors are using: LightSpace - CalMAN - ChromaPure.

For LightSpace the intergration with the Disk is Fully Automated, look how it works:

Intergration of Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk with LightSpace Software for Automated Quick Profiling / 10-Point Cube / 17-Point Cube Profilings without user prompt, How is this possible?

LightSpace is using 2 modes to display and measure the Patches of your SelecTED Cube Size:

Closed Loop Mode: Where the probe dictates the timings per patch, with bright patches measured much faster, darker ones need more time to be measured, So with Closed Loop Mode you can use the LightSpace Internal Pattern Generator using you Notebook HDMI Output (with proper setup) or to use Lumagen Radiance Series as External Hardware Pattern Generator.

DIP mode (Display Independent Profiling): This mode uses a fixed time of displaying each color patch. Since the LightSpace is using the method of measuring only one time each color point, the patch sequence is fixed for each Cube Size, So My Disk is based to this fixed color point (patch) measuring order...

Example of DIP Mode:

If you select the 5 sec DIP mode, each patch is displayed for exact 5 sec before it goes to the next color. LightSpace has a fixed internal delay of 0.5 sec (500ms) which gives command to your meter to read each patch 0.5sec after it’s been displayed via Lumagen or via HDMI Out or via my Disk.

If you want to add some extra delay time before each Patch Measurement, LightSpace has add a Selectable bar you can add any additional time you want, and LightSpace adds your extra time selection to the 0.5sec fixed internal delay.

Example: If you select Extra Delay Time of 0.5sec, then the total delay you will have in total will be 1.0 sec (1000ms) before any meter read.
(This is something I requested from LightIlusion to Add it as a feature @ December 2012, to help Plasma Profilings for more stable measurements)

Plasma displays can benefit from adding an Extra Delay Time before each measurement; it's useful for the panel to have more stable presentation of each pattern.

How to Find Out which DIP mode can be used for your display/meter?

To find out which DIP Chapter of my disk is required for your current display settings / meter settings, you have to use the Meter Time per Patch Finder Chapter of my disk which it displays the darkest colors of the selected LUT resolution and you need to measure these patches to find out which is the correct DIP mode Chapter you will need for your display profiling.

As we know, meters require more time to measure a low luminance color (Dark Patches) and also they can read faster a brighter color patch (With more Luminance).

The time it takes for your meter to read the Darkest Color Patches of your selecTED LUT Size is something that you need to take some measurements to find out the max time in xxx ms that will be required.

LightSpace has a feature called Measure & Log.

By Selecting this, you will be prompt to enter a File Name, for Example you can type ''5% Red'' and after clicking ok, the LightSpace will take continuous readings of the pattern you are displaying, as long time as you want, to stop this , press ‘’Stop Measurement’’...

After doing that, a ‘5% Red.cvs’’ file will be created and you will be able to open it with Excel to see the xyY Readings and the time it took for your meter to read this patch.

(This Measured & Log Mode is something I requested from LightIllusion to Add as a feature @ December 2012, while I was trying to find out a way to use the DIP Mode to by synced with My Disk)

This is an example of the CVS file Data contents:

Here you can see the exact time it took to read the 5% Red of my KURO, with my iD3 (I have selected 1.5sec Intergration time).

This is a good way to find out and set your Meter Intergration Time, by checking the repeatability of any patch, and compare 2-3 different Intergration time settings (1sec. 1.25sec, 1.50sec…etc..) to find out which setting have more stable and repeatable xyY measurements.

IMPORTANT DETAIL: Enabling Average Low Light Measurements IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO BE USED WITH MY DISK! Avoid this Low Average Feature because the meter is reading more that one time the same patch (probably it will take 15-40 sec to return a single xyY number)

After you have decided about your Meter Settings, by selecting the Intergration Time and the Display Type (for colorimeters only), you have to spend a few minutes to take some measurements using my Disk’s Meter Time per Patch Finder Chapter.

Example: By Selecting the 17-Point Cube Time per Patch Finder Chapter, you will see this introduction screen..

Here you are able to see the Pattern Order Sequence.

Before each displayed pattern there a notification screen which displays what pattern it will be displayed… so when you will see that 5% Red Info Screen, click Measure and Log... and enter ‘5% Red’ as a file name, to collect data about any measured color.

You have to do this for all the 5% RGBCMY+Gray+Black Patchs to examine later which is the longest meter read with your Current Display Settings.

It’s very important step to keep the Disk-Software Synced during the whole 17-Point Profiling Time.

After you have completed all the required measurements (you will have saved a similar list of measurement files like this one), you have to open each one *.CVS Data File to find the longest in xxx.ms time it took from you meter to read it.

For example if your Longest in time read is 4200ms, add +500ms to this (because LightSpace adds that 500ms internal delay before each reading)…your total max measuring time will be 4700ms… so you will have to use the 5sec DIP mode for your 17-Point Profiling using my Disk.

If you need to add extra additional time of about 1sec, then you can select that from the probe setup window and later select the 6sec DIP mode 17-Point Profiling.

(Because 4200ms+500ms+1000ms will need 5700ms).

Be sure you have disabled any Screen Protection, Auto Stand-by mode or your Blu-Ray Player ‘Screen Saver Mode’ during before any Profiling Run.

How the Sync of Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk with LightSpace CMS Software Works without user prompt for 17-Point Cube Profilings (4.913 Color Points) is working?

To sync the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk played from your Blu-Ray Player with the software it requires ONLY ONE Synced Click from your Notebook Mouse.

My Disk’s DIP Mode Chapters are Starting with a 5 Sec of Chapter Announcement like this one:
(You can check the total chapter time here or from LightSpace software before starting the profiling measurements.)

...A 5sec 'Old Film Like' Countdown with Start, like this one:

And when you see the last frame.....

You have to click 'OK' the LightSpace Start Measurements Confirmation Window

Click 'OK' to start the measurements or press ‘Enter Key’ from your keyboard (I prefer this for perfect timing)

For the LightSpace users, all chapters are automated with Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk .

The video below shows the chapter that Klein K-10A users can use since it's their meter is so fast; they can use 1 sec per patch only!.

* Change the resolution to 1080p and run it at fullscreen.

With this method id3 users can use DIP Mode Chapter with 4 or 5 or 6 sec per Color Patch to perform a 10-Point Cube Calibration in total time between 1 hour - 1hour 40 minutes max, this is something it depends on user display and meter settings.

The LightSpace has a PercentageBar you are able to see your progress...

There is not any other user prompt till the end, After the last Color Patch is being measured, the LightSpace is saving that sesssion of measurements automatically and the same time you will see that image at your TV screen:

CalMAN use with Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

The CalMAN Chapters are created based to the exact same pattern order sequence that CalMAN requests them.

The RGB Triplets of each color patch are exact the same as CalMAN Internal Engine works/expects.

None of my disk patterns has a small lettering indicator of which pattern you are viewing; inside or outside the pattern area. (like other calibration disks)

There is a small 2 sec Pattern Info Screen announcement before any Pattern... I have placed the Pattern Info (for example: 100% Red, 30% Gray etc.) at the right side of the screen and not at the center.....

I did that because at the center of your screen you have placed your meter

After the small pattern announcement, you will see the pure pattern, like it was generated from an External Pattern Generator wink.gif

For example to run a 21-Step Grayscale Set @ CalMAN the Pattern AutoAdvance (Or use the provided workflows I'm hooking up my disk users) and select the 21-Step CalMAN Chapter of the disk.

After that each pattern will be displayed for 10 sec from the disk, you will have to click 21 times the Single Read button of CalMAN. When i was using my id3, it worked very good, I used 1 sec delay also before each meter read.

Unfortunately for C6 (which is extra slow @ low end, it will require to pause the 5-10% patches of the disk, but this has to do with the display you are measuring, for LCD/LED maybe will not required)

I have decide 10sec for each patch because these CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters are mainly for verification purpose, this means a quick read per color, but if someone needs to perform a 1D LUT Calibration, he can do this by using it's pause button.

No need for IR Controlling, The Chapter for CalMAN or ChromaPure are Auto-Changing every 10 sec. to the next required pattern.

For Example to perform a Color Checker Classic Run you have to press 24 mouse clicks for the meter to read; using my workflow below:

I have uploadTED an example video to show how it works.

Each Chapter starts with 5 sec of Chapter Information Details, and after that there is a 2sec pattern announcement to prepare you of what you will measure and 1 sec of black frame and then 10sec for the color patch, if you like you can use your player remote next button to go faster to the next patch or leave it without user prompt to finish the total pattern displaying.

ChromaPure use with Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

Same as explained at CalMAN infos above.

Each ChromaPure Chapter starts with a 5 sec of Chapter Information Details, and after that there is a 2 sec pattern info announcement before each color patch to prepare you of what you will measure; after that pattern info announcement there is 1 sec of black frame and then 10 sec for the color patch, if you like you can use your player remote next button to go faster to the next color patch.

RGB Triplets from each Color Patch are coming from the exact RGB Triplets that ChromaPure Color Engine Calculations are based.

Each ChromaPure Chapter has the exact pattern order as ChromaPure request it.

Video Example:

Verify Calibration Tools - ChromaPure: 4-Step Amplitude

You can say that CalMAN / ChromaPure intergration with my disk is Semi-automated, since the user will have only to simply perform some single measurements clicks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
So, my blu ray player would be my pattern generator. How do I connect it to my laptop running the calibration software?

Thank you for putting up with such basic questions.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Ted's Disk is the best one I have come across after checking out many. It literally has everything anyone would need and more. BTW, does it work with HCFR? I can't see why it wouldn't, but I wanted to make sure... It would not do sync part I guess and HCFR makes you press OK for each pattern when using external generators.

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderduck  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24274053

So, my blu ray player would be my pattern generator. How do I connect it to my laptop running the calibration software?

Thank you for putting up with such basic questions.

Hello, There's no any connection of your notebook with your TV/Projector, all patterns are generated by the Blu-Ray Disk only, this is the advandage, because you are using the same player you will later use to playback your movies.... With this way you are calibrating the whole video chain. Something that external pattern generators can't do..... they don't see source errors... with external pattern generator you are not calibrating the whole image chain...

Here is a recorded video that proofs the perfect Sync between the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk as a Source, Played from Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with MadVR as a Renderer for the display of the 4913 Colors of a 17-Point Cube Profiling.

I opened the DIP Mode (7sec) Chapter of my Disk with Media Player Classic HC, Media Player Classic Window, and then I pressed only one Synced Mouse Click and after 9 hours and 22 minutes it's still Synced Perfectly!

Check that picture before playing the video:

To help you about what you are seeing, the BLUE HightlighTED Box is the LightSpace Internal Pattern Generator Window....

The RED HightlighTED Box is the Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with MadVR as a Renderer that is playing the Chapter Video i'm using for the Disk, imagine that window as a preview of what your TV/Projector is showing.

The GREEN Arrow indicates the 11.11% Window Pattern supposed to be centered with a black background - maximized at full screen at your Display...

*** I used DIP Mode 7 Sec Chapter only for demonstration of the Perfect Sync between the sofware and my Disk. DIP Mode time depends on the probe and the display you are profiling, and might be shorter than 9 hours.

To my KURO Display with iD3 using 1.5sec Probe Intergration Time, i'm using the 6 Sec DIP Mode Chapter (8 Hours).

This is because KURO has the deepest Black and this is taking more time for the iD3 meter to read it, so to stay in Sync i had to use that Chapter.

Dark shades generally is taking more time to be measured...***

*** EDIT *** : This Video was recorded @ January 2013, when I was testing my Disk's LightSpace DIP Mode Chapters, with fixed displaying of each color Point of the total number of 4.913 (17-Point Cube)....synced with LightSpace.

The Disk has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 seconds per Color Point Chapters for LightSpace. This gives a wide support for Fast/Normal or Slow Meters that can use the Disk as a Source for all these Patterns. for Automated 17-P Cube's without any other user prompt, exept the initial mousy click sync of selecting 'Start Measurenments' from LightSpace Software.

For CalMAN / ChromaPure, it's semi-automated since it requires from the user to hit 'measure' upon any automatic color patch change.

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24274198

Ted's Disk is the best one I have come across after checking out many. It literally has everything anyone would need and more. BTW, does it work with HCFR? I can't see why it wouldn't, but I wanted to make sure... It would not do sync part I guess and HCFR makes you press OK for each pattern when using external generators.

Hello, the Color Patches of any chapter (LightSpace / CalMAN / ChromaPure) had created as a replica of the exact RGB Triplet that each Software Engine it expects / requests / or generates in case you use an external pattern generator...

I don't have the RGB Triplet targets that HCFR used for each Grayscale/Saturation/Luminance/Color Checker is based, so I can't recommend to someone to use it with other calibration software.

I will give one simple example for all to see that each calibration software need it's own calibration disk and not all available disks can support with accurate generaTED patterns our both popular calibration softwares (CalMAN/ChromaPure):

For 4-Step Saturation (100SAT-100AMP):

50% Red Saturation has RGB Triplet for:

CalMAN Engine: 235.115.115

ChromaPure Engine: 191.96.96

Totally different....

·
Registered
670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24274276

Hello, There's no any connection of your notebook with your TV/Projector, all patterns are generated by the Blu-Ray Disk only, this is the advandage, because you are using the same player you will later use to playback your movies.... With this way you are calibrating the whole video chain. Something that external pattern generators can't do..... they don't see source errors... with external pattern generator you are not calibrating the whole image chain...

Here is a recorded video that proofs the perfect Sync between the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk as a Source, Played from Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with MadVR as a Renderer for the display of the 4913 Colors of a 17-Point Cube Profiling.

I opened the DIP Mode (7sec) Chapter of my Disk with Media Player Classic HC, Media Player Classic Window, and then I pressed only one Synced Mouse Click and after 9 hours and 22 minutes it's still Synced Perfectly!

Check that picture before playing the video:

To help you about what you are seeing, the BLUE HightlighTED Box is the LightSpace Internal Pattern Generator Window....

The RED HightlighTED Box is the Media Player Classic - Home Cinema with MadVR as a Renderer that is playing the Chapter Video i'm using for the Disk, imagine that window as a preview of what your TV/Projector is showing.

The GREEN Arrow indicates the 11.11% Window Pattern supposed to be centered with a black background - maximized at full screen at your Display...

*** I used DIP Mode 7 Sec Chapter only for demonstration of the Perfect Sync between the sofware and my Disk. DIP Mode time depends on the probe and the display you are profiling, and might be shorter than 9 hours.

To my KURO Display with iD3 using 1.5sec Probe Intergration Time, i'm using the 6 Sec DIP Mode Chapter (8 Hours).

This is because KURO has the deepest Black and this is taking more time for the iD3 meter to read it, so to stay in Sync i had to use that Chapter.

Dark shades generally is taking more time to be measured...***

*** EDIT *** : This Video was recorded @ January 2013, when I was testing my Disk's LightSpace DIP Mode Chapters, with fixed displaying of each color Point of the total number of 4.913 (17-Point Cube)....synced with LightSpace.

The Disk has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 seconds per Color Point Chapters for LightSpace. This gives a wide support for Fast/Normal or Slow Meters that can use the Disk as a Source for all these Patterns. for Automated 17-P Cube's without any other user prompt, exept the initial mousy click sync of selecting 'Start Measurenments' from LightSpace Software.

For CalMAN / ChromaPure, it's semi-automated since it requires from the user to hit 'measure' upon any automatic color patch change.

I must admit I am totally confused about how my equipment would be hooked up. Doesn't my Blue ray player and a meter have to be connected to something in order to communicate?

For example I want to calibrate my TV. I have a blue ray player, meter, and of course the TV to be calibrated. Don't these items need to communicate with each other? If I want to use Calman or Chromapure, how does this work equipment wise?

I can figure out the software, I need to know what equipment I need and how it is connected? I must really be missing something or making it harder than it needs to be. Take a 2x4 and hit me up beside my head. Maybe then I will understand.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bluray player connected with tv

colorimeter connected to the laptop

software (colorhcfr, chromapure, calman, LightSpace...) installed in the laptop

patterns disc (ted's disc, gcd, mcd, avshd...) in the bd player (used as a pattern generator)

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderduck  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24274637

I must admit I am totally confused about how my equipment would be hooked up. Doesn't my Blue ray player and a meter have to be connected to something in order to communicate?

For example I want to calibrate my TV. I have a blue ray player, meter, and of course the TV to be calibrated. Don't these items need to communicate with each other? If I want to use Calman or Chromapure, how does this work equipment wise?

The Disk features a full automated profiling intergration with LightSpace Software for 3D LUT:

You will need to playback the LightSpace DIP Mode Chapters of the disk 10 / 17 Point Cube Chapters (1.000 / 4.913 Color Point Measurements) and later LightSpace will generate using these measurements data your correction LUT:

In case you will use an external eeColor 3D LUT Box, LightSpace using it's advanced maths will generate from your measurements a 65-Point Cube correction LUT (274.625 Color Points).

In case you will use an external Lumagen Radiance family unit, LightSpace using it's advanced maths will generate from your measurements a 21-Point Grayscale + 5-Point Cube correction LUT (146 Total Color Points).

In case you will use an external Lumagen Radiance 20xx family unit, LightSpace using it's advanced maths will generate from your measurements a 21-Point Grayscale + 9-Point Cube correction LUT (750 Total Color Points).

If you want to calibrate using your internal display controls, you will found useful the CalMAN / ChromaPure Chapters of the disk.

You will start your CalMAN (Using the helpful workflows I'm providing to my disk users for CalMAN if you like) or ChromaPure and later you will select the chapter you are interested to use for measuring your display.....

You have 2 options:

Semi-Automatic:

If you like to not use your Blu-Ray Player Remote, simple select the chapter you want with the remote and leave the remote...... You will see an introduction screen and after that you will have 2 sec. Info screen of which color you are measuring, followed by 1 sec. black frame and after that 10 sec. displaying of the color patch...... you can let with that way the whole chapter to flow and you have only to press measure from your software.

Manual Pattern Change:

If you want to speed up, after each succesfull measurement you can use your blu-ray remote 'next' button to move to the next color patch.

Doing this you will reduce your total measurement time per chapter.

All Chapters (CalMAN / ChromaPure) are created based to the order that each software requests them.

You can see example at the videos I have posted above of CalMAN / ChromaPure Chapters.

In case you want to perform actual calibration using your internal display contols, you can pause each color patch you want to measure using your blu-ray remote.

I case you want to perform Grayscale AutoCAL / Gamut AutoCAL using CalMAN you can set from CalMAN to display a dialog before each measurement where it will tell you what pattern CalMAN needs from you to display. You can use next-previous buttons of your blu-ray remote for that or write down the chapter numbers of each color patch, so for example if CalMAN needs from you to display the 35% Gray, you can press 9 button.

You can use a lot of patterns (without using meter/software) to perform a basic calibration of your display before hooking up your meters, to prepare your display using Pre-Calibration Chapters or Color Reproduction Patterns.

For example, you can set:

Brightness Pattern to set the Black Level (Brightness Control) of the Display; to prevent crushing of shadow details or raised black levels.

Contrast Pattern to set the White Level (Contrast Control) of the Display; to prevent color detail clipping up to peak white levels and above reference white level color shifts/discoloration.

Use Sharpness Pattern to prevent edge enhancement (halo/ringing effect) or soft contouring (blurring of the image details).

Use Color Clipping Pattern to prevent clipping of each color channel.

Use a Grayscale Ramp to check which color temperature mode (normal/warm1/warm2 etc) of your display looks more neutral to your eyes.

You can use the Colour Reproduction Patterns to check your display's controls / various mode settings / enhancements of your display, if they introducing problems or if they are broken and you have to leave them untouched to prevent new problems. (no smooth color graduations, distortions, discoloration, clipping, banding, posterization, crushed shadow details, raised black levels etc.)

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24276108

You can use a lot of patterns (without using meter/software) to perform a basic calibration of your display before hooking up your meters, to prepare your display using Pre-Calibration Chapters or Color Reproduction Patterns.

Brightness Pattern to set the Black Level (Brightness Control) of the Display; to prevent crushing of shadow details or raised black levels.

Contrast Pattern to set the White Level (Contrast Control) of the Display; to prevent color detail clipping up to peak white levels and above reference white level color shifts/discoloration.

Use Sharpness Pattern to prevent edge enhancement (halo/ringing effect) or soft contouring (blurring of the image details).

Use a Grayscale Ramp to check which color temperature mode (normal/warm1/warm2 etc) of your display looks more neutral to your eyes.

You can use the Colour Reproduction Patterns to check your display's controls / various mode settings / enhancements of your display, if they introducing problems or if they are broken and you have to leave them untouched to prevent new problems. (no smooth color graduations, distortions, discoloration, clipping, banding, posterization, crushed shadow details, raised black levels etc.)
one day minimum is necessary to see all the pattern in this disk
and it's not wasting time, very usefull patterns for checking discoloration, color clipping, sharpness...

some screenshots

·
Registered
670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/300#post_24276108

The Disk features a full automated profiling intergration with LightSpace Software for 3D LUT:

You will need to playback the LightSpace DIP Mode Chapters of the disk 10 / 17 Point Cube Chapters (1.000 / 4.913 Color Point Measurements) and later LightSpace will generate using these measurements data your correction LUT:

In case you will use an external eeColor 3D LUT Box, LightSpace using it's advanced maths will generate from your measurements a 65-Point Cube correction LUT (274.625 Color Points).

In case you will use an external Lumagen Radiance family unit, LightSpace using it's advanced maths will generate from your measurements a 21-Point Grayscale + 5-Point Cube correction LUT (146 Total Color Points).

In case you will use an external Lumagen Radiance 20xx family unit, LightSpace using it's advanced maths will generate from your measurements a 21-Point Grayscale + 9-Point Cube correction LUT (750 Total Color Points).

If you want to calibrate using your internal display controls, you will found useful the CalMAN / ChromaPure Chapters of the disk.

You will start your CalMAN (Using the helpful workflows I'm providing to my disk users for CalMAN if you like) or ChromaPure and later you will select the chapter you are interested to use for measuring your display.....

You have 2 options:

Semi-Automatic:

If you like to not use your Blu-Ray Player Remote, simple select the chapter you want with the remote and leave the remote...... You will see an introduction screen and after that you will have 2 sec. Info screen of which color you are measuring, followed by 1 sec. black frame and after that 10 sec. displaying of the color patch...... you can let with that way the whole chapter to flow and you have only to press measure from your software.

Manual Pattern Change:

If you want to speed up, after each succesfull measurement you can use your blu-ray remote 'next' button to move to the next color patch.

Doing this you will reduce your total measurement time per chapter.

All Chapters (CalMAN / ChromaPure) are created based to the order that each software requests them.

You can see example at the videos I have posted above of CalMAN / ChromaPure Chapters.

In case you want to perform actual calibration using your internal display contols, you can pause each color patch you want to measure using your blu-ray remote.

I case you want to perform Grayscale AutoCAL / Gamut AutoCAL using CalMAN you can set from CalMAN to display a dialog before each measurement where it will tell you what pattern CalMAN needs from you to display. You can use next-previous buttons of your blu-ray remote for that or write down the chapter numbers of each color patch, so for example if CalMAN needs from you to display the 35% Gray, you can press 9 button.

Thank you very much for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts

I have the media files version and I have used it with the media player of a dream box: everything worked, great! now I can calibrate also the devices with a media player

Thanks Ted

Reactions: ConnecTEDDD

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've eventually received my eecolor from Ted! We've had some issues with postal service but he did all his best to find the lost package and he managed to do it. Respect
I'm amazed how good the disc is synchronized with Lightspace. I use fast, Klein K-10A meter, and it stays in perfect sync with 1 sec DIP mode.

I saw someone concerned about input lag getting higher with eeColor. I made a test today using Leo Bodnar video tester. The results were surprising. In both cases (with or without the device on signal path) the lag was exactly the same

301 - 320 of 1062 Posts