AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I did a search and couldn't find a thread on this, but I apologize if I missed it.

Trailer just came out, what do you all think?  I personally don't like Megan Fox as April, but we'll see.

Not sure if anyone has better pictures of what Shredder will look like, but these were early snaps of his armor.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Bay didin't direct it. Jonathan Liebesman (Battle LA and Wrath of the Titans) did.

I was about five when the tv show hit so I was as big a Turtle fan as they came (at least among children in the late 1980s who liked cartoons and action figures).

In retrospect as an adult the first movie (which I didn't like as much as a kid) holds up ok. I loved the second movie at the time but its obvious that was turned into a live action cartoon after the line become popular with kids. 3 was just terrible.

I'll definitely see this at some point but I really don't have any high hopes for it. Just looks like a fun adventure story.

But I wonder where it will take place. The Turtles lived in and were a respone to the dirty/dangerous Koch/Dinkins era NYC. There haven't been stories of "rampant crime" in a long time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsoccer33  /t/1524656/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-directed-by-michael-bay/0_60#post_24540265

Bay didin't direct it. Jonathan Liebesman (Battle LA and Wrath of the Titans) did.
Whoops, sorry, I'll adjust the thread title.  Thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Saw this. IM guessing since this thread hasnt been bumped since May by me that no one here really cares about the turtles.

Turtles were done real good.

Meagan fox is hot however cant act to save her life. Hate how the story is about her and not the turtles.

Splinter is super creepy which I understand why he is never shown in previews.

Movie was fun.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Saw this. IM guessing since this thread hasnt been bumped since May by me that no one here really cares about the turtles.

Turtles were done real good.

Meagan fox is hot however cant act to save her life. Hate how the story is about her and not the turtles.

Splinter is super creepy which I understand why he is never shown in previews.

Movie was fun.
agree with this, liked it better than the original
Will be buying on blu ray

·
Premium Member
24,024 Posts
Just finished watching movie on Blu ray and really enjoyed it. The audio itself was very impressive had some good LFE moments as well. I can see how this movie will shine on Atmos but even on a standard 7.1 the audio was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,656 Posts
Just finished watching movie on Blu ray and really enjoyed it. The audio itself was very impressive had some good LFE moments as well. I can see how this movie will shine on Atmos but even on a standard 7.1 the audio was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to hear and glad you liked it, Franin. I have it in my rental queue.

·
Premium Member
24,024 Posts
Is it blind buy worthy?

I took the plunge and went bought it as my son actually wanted it and I didn't mind it. It has replay value but not for awhile. Rent it first and then if you like it ( I think your kids will like it ) then buy. Then again if your kids actually want it's up to you wether you want to buy it instead.

Frank

·
Registered
19,656 Posts
I took the plunge and went bought it as my son actually wanted it and I didn't mind it. It has replay value but not for awhile. Rent it first and then if you like it ( I think your kids will like it ) then buy. Then again if your kids actually want it's up to you wether you want to buy it instead.

Frank
I think I'll give it a rent first.

·
Registered
19,656 Posts
Said what the heck and bought it. Lol. Hope it's good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Watched it on the plane ride to Europe last week. It was surprisingly alright. Being a fanatic turtles fan as a kid, I was expecting this movie to be bad.
It was worth watching, but not as good as the first movie and probably not as good as the second one in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts