AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
 [email protected] tell them you would like to order the DAT75, when you email your cc# it will take 3-4 days for it to arrive.

·
Registered
411 Posts
G,

Do a quick search using the search function of this forum for the DAT75 and you will find one source in the US and one in the UK for ordering. Some have even ordered two with the intent of selling one to others.

·
Registered
258 Posts
G

From CPC it will cost you about $135 for one or $200 for 2 delivered to your house. As you'll find out, shipping for one is the same as for two. And if you order from CPC, don't let them charge you the VAT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked out the US source and the Dat75 is $81.75 and with shipping to NY the total came to $120.15. Not much of a savings from the UK source price. But I guess $15 is $15......

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm in So. California (So. Orange County) and UPS just delivered two DAT-75 antennas from CPC in the U.K. The box looks like it's the Televes factory box. One box contained both DAT-75s and it is indeed enormous - 6' x 2' x 1'. CPC confirmed that the shipping cost was indeed the same for 1 or 2. The reason is simple - carton size doesn't change and the gross weight (12.0 kg) is mostly box and padding!! Interesting that the freight cost is the same for east or west coast. Or, at least CPC charges a flat rate for US shipments. (50 GBP)

The total cost for 2 antennas and shipping was $196. Thus, the delivered cost per DAT-75 was $98. I don't believe it's possible ship one from Milwaukee to the West Coast and beat that price, per antenna. Even repackaged, the shipping box would be UPS "oversize".

I was the first stop for UPS this morning. The driver said he couldn't get past the carton blocking the walkway in the back of the truck!

EDIT - Upon assembling the antenna, I conclude that the constuction is more robust than other antennas I've seen. The beams/elements appear to be clear-anodized aluminum. No instructions, but a little experimentation is all that's needed to put it together. Later, I recalled seeing an assembly instruction sheet at the Televes web site. It's this PDF...
http://www.televes.es/hojastecnicas/103669.pdf

Gary

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Seems to me, the best way is to order from England..2 antennas..sell one locally if you are able. Very little savings on an antenna bought in USA..and, it may even take longer to receive it than the 3-4 days directly from England.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does anybody in SF Bay Area want to share shipping cost of Televes DAT75?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got my Televes Dat 75 and love it. No more drop outs. It even gets

channel 11.1 i.e. 12 during the day. I have a Y10-7-13 on order for

channel 11.1. I found someone to share shipping and it cost a total

of $100 US to ship to SF Bay area. If you could find three other buyers

You could get it for even less. Until the next generation receivers are

available this antenna is best buy for DTV!

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jnissen
... Until the next generation receivers are

available this antenna is best buy for DTV!
Unless you have low band VHF DTV channels. It may not work for those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.