AVS Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Do you mean that you are using an LTE filter plus the televes amp)filter?

I have found that the " datboss mix" is better than "LR datboss mix". I have tried both now. The LR did finally bring in
rf- 12 But, I lost some UHF channels.

Is that because the mast passes through the directors?
What's with the previous two posts? You know you can delete them just as easy as you can edit them.?
I was recommending the other guy using LTE filter if he thought he had a problem. I haven't had to use one yet simply because my Kitz KT-700 has LTE filtering now. And the Televes preamps I use have a LTE filtering built-in.

I don't know what the story is on the difference between the LR and the regular DAT. I was thinking the LR would be better. Vertical mast isn't supposed to make any bit of a difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you, I could not find delete.
Yes the smaller version has the pole between reflector and director.
I am going to try to mount the LR with the pole in the back. I think it can be done with modification.

Or, fiberglass rake handle attached to fence toprail

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Thank you, I could not find delete.
Yes the smaller version has the pole between reflector and director.
I am going to try to mount the LR with the pole in the back. I think it can be done with modification.

Or, fiberglass rake handle attached to fence toprail
Are you saying you want to mount a DAT LR from the end between the reflector and the VHF elements? Hmmmm... it's a sturdy antenna but I don't know how it will react with all the weight unbalanced all the way at the end of the antenna I don't think I would do it. Especially with a chunk of fiberglass.

Maybe somebody else will pipe in here but a vertical mast does not interfere with the signal. However, a horizontal mast will if it's made of steel or other metal. That's why lot of DX'ers use a fiberglass pole between the two antennas when they gang them.

And you are right, it looks like you cannot delete a post here. I thought you could maybe I found it on my PC but I can't do it from my phone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
right, it will take serious modification and a diagonal brace on bottom. but first
I am going to test my theory with fiberglass pole and tripod on the ground .....and with NO pole through the directors and propped with strings....

41 - 48 of 48 Posts