AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My processor (Lexicon MC-12) and amps (Parasound) both have Triggers. From what I can gather, the Lex will turn on the amps via ther Triggers.

A couple questions:

-How do I hook up the Triggers to "talk" to each other? What kind of "cable" do I use?

-Once hooked up, do I keep my amp's power switch always "on", and then when I power up the Lex, the amps will come on?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If an amp has a trigger input, it is just looking for some DC voltage on it to turn on the amp. The cords are usually 1/8" mono jacks, like the ones used for a pc microphone. In my Anthem AVM20, the triggers are programmable so you can control the amps with them, as well, you could program one to lower a motorized screen when switching to a video source. Or to turn on a second zone amp when zone 2 is selected, and so on. There is not much to them, I just made cables out of inexpensive wire from radio shack, and they work fine. I leave the amps power switch on all the time, then the triggers turn them on when the preamp is powered on.

·
Registered
195 Posts
bambam,

The MC-12 has a screw-type terminal block that accepts bare wire for it's three trigger outputs. The first trigger output energizes when you power up the Lex (take it out of standby mode with the front panel button). The other two are completely programmable. Depending on the connector your Parasound amps use for trigger inputs, you may need to make cables from Radio Shack parts.

I set mine up so that the first power amp (for L-R mains) always comes on when the Lex is activated --using trigger 1. I use this for stereo listening. Trigger 2 is programmed to turn on the other amps for center channel, surrounds, and subs when surround modes are activated. I haven't used trigger three yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.