Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building this machine for a client.

I am doing his entire house w/ a 802.11b network, btw.

Gainward GF3 Ti200

256MB pc2100

1ghz tbird

philips seismic edge sc, 5.1

linksys wireless NIC

Maxtor 40gb 5400rpm hd

Mobo- probably a kr7

liteon 16x dvd

I need a small black case, desktop atx style. What do you suggest?

What I need to know: how does this setup look? ... and when the computer is on, how do you right click on the desktop, go thropugh the menu yada yada yada to change output to PC monitor and television? Would I set the output as television before installing the PC so it automatically always goes to the TV?

Also, he is thinking of getting one of those Pioneer 63" televisions; I have read some pretty confusing stuff in here regarding setting resolutions, etc. What will I need to do for that?

Thanks for your help,

John Stoltenborg

SpeedGuide.net

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The Radeon cards give better output on their VGA port but it sounds like you are planning to use composite or s-video to the TV. Most people will not go through the trouble of making an HTPC if they are going to use a low-definition input like that.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Completely agree,

don't use an HTPC for TV-out. Only for VGA or DVI out.

I would strongly recommend you read the FAQ before you throw yourself out in this.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'd opt for a 7200 RPM harddrive too.... If you had the extra cash I'd beef up the processor speed too..

-sonic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by sonichart
I'd opt for a 7200 RPM harddrive too.... If you had the extra cash I'd beef up the processor speed too..

-sonic
A 1ghz processor isn't going to be enough for playing mp3's and dvix? ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.