AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have the equipment below...I need to add surrounds maybe Polk FXI A6... or use the Polk CSIA3 i already have for surrounds and Buy some Polk RTI A7 for the front left and right channels

Yamaha RX-A800 reciever

Polk CSI A6 Center channel

2 RTI A3 Bookshelf speakers

1 Velodyne DEQ-15R Subwoofer

I have always liked the look of floorstanding speakers (POLK RTI A7) as the front left and right channels....Would the Polk CSI A3 work as surrounds or not

What would sound better just buying a set of FXI A6 and use those as surrounds and keep what i have asthe front 3 channels

Or buy the Polk RTI-A7 as the main front left and right and use the RTI A3 as my surrounds?

Please let me know your thoughts...

These will go in a closed of 12Wx17Dx8H room used 80% of the time for movies and gaming.....and about 20% for music

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Either option would be fine for the surrounds, the A7's will probably be a better choice for music listening. I'd probably go with that route.

Another option would be another pair of A3's as surrounds, may be the cheapest option as well.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
+1 on the RTi A7s. Also if you have the money buy a second pair of the A3s for rear surrounds for a 7.1 system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.