AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this set going for a decent price. The set also appears to present a nice picture and sound too.

Am I missing something here, should I NOT be looking at this set and looking at something else that is better for the same price?

Part of the reason I am asking is that I am not seeing too many comments regarding this set on this site and I am wondering if its just becuase of the size (as most discussions are with larger displays) or so it seems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just ordered one..I too couldnt find 1 reason not to buy it since I was only looking for a 32.

It doesnt have the most stylish exterior, like Samsung 3253H...but the 120 mhz, the 6ms response time and the speakers made it the best buy.

And dont get me wrong, the all black front is nice and probably better b/c it wont collect the dust like others do.

So buy away!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Only other reason I could think of is that the new model is coming soon. Then again this set can be had at a great price now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I returned a beautiful Sony KDL-32XBR4 to get the Panasonic and I would do it again in a hart beat.

The Sony was supposed to be the best in this size. The Panasonic, without a doubt, handles motion better and the PQ is just as good. Your only problem may be finding one. They seem to be just about all gone. Buying on-line may be your only option.

JJK

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought mine a week ago.

First start up and nearly every use there after results in the TV turning itself back off and then back on once, and only once. Sometimes this happens after only a few minutes after the TV is turned on, other times it occurs an hour or more after being turned on.

Otherwise the performance has been flawless - no ghosting or smearing with sports.

I am NOT planning on returning it unless the self off and on gets more frequent.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent cyclist /forum/post/12875964

I bought mine a week ago.

First start up and nearly every use there after results in the TV turning itself back off and then back on once, and only once. Sometimes this happens after only a few minutes after the TV is turned on, other times it occurs an hour or more after being turned on.

Otherwise the performance has been flawless - no ghosting or smearing with sports.

I am NOT planning on returning it unless the self off and on gets more frequent.

Hmmm, that sounds odd to have this happen. If you can, I would return/replace just to prevent further problems down the line.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezug /forum/post/12876804

Hmmm, that sounds odd to have this happen. If you can, I would return/replace just to prevent further problems down the line.

A service call is scheduled via Panasonic for Tuesday. I may return and replace after that. I have only read of one other person on AVS Forum that has had a problem with this set.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the TC-32LX50 (upgrading to Sony 46W3000 this week
) and have had no problems whatsoever. It has great color, turns on fast, pretty good blacks, and is just a good set overall. I can only imagine how much better this updated version is.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezug /forum/post/12852745

I noticed this set going for a decent price. The set also appears to present a nice picture and sound too.

Am I missing something here, should I NOT be looking at this set and looking at something else that is better for the same price?

Part of the reason I am asking is that I am not seeing too many comments regarding this set on this site and I am wondering if its just becuase of the size (as most discussions are with larger displays) or so it seems.

Because its hard to find one!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts