AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people, it's time for those of us who are bitching about NBC's lack of commitment to provide their top rated shows in HD to put our typing fingers where our mouths are.

Here's an address to email suggestions in general:

[email protected]

And here's a link to a page where you can pick your favorite show from a drop down menu to email suggestions on individually:

www.nbc.com/nbc/footer/Contact_Us.shtml

NBC may be planning on doing some additional shows other than the new ones they have announced already. Or maybe not. So now would be a good time to let them know what you think. Be nice. Thank them for the shows they have announced. But let them know what you really want to see in HD. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

ron

·
Registered
249 Posts
ER and Law and Order the original. Those are the biggest

Oh, and West Wing but I have never really watched that show.

My mother in law was staying with us and she is a big JAG fan so she watched it in HD and was really impressed. I think that is what sells HD the ability to see your favorite actor/actress actually in HD. I wonder how many sets Barry Manilo sold...???

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a copy of the email I sent:

Hello,

Just had to send a quick note today to respond to the announcement made yesterday regarding the new shows you will air in High Definition next fall season. That's great! But I have to say I am more than a little disappointed that you have not announced any commitment to provide your top rated shows in High Definition as well. As a long time NBC viewer and a fan of some of your best shows such as The West Wing, Friends and ER, I find it a little curious that you would turn your back on loyal viewers by not providing your best shows in the best format. Reward us for keeping those ratings up there! Prove to the nation that you really are the leader that you say you are. Give us the good stuff! To air untested new shows in high definition while continuing to provide outstanding proven shows like The West Wing in standard definition would be a sad travesty for your viewers. Do the right thing.

ron

·
Registered
463 Posts
That's the ticket, R11. Politely demanding.

I have send an email myself in the same tone asking for ER, Law and Order series, and Third Watch in HDTV.

Squeak, squeak!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.