Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Anyone know if it's benificial (or harmful) to terminate the end of the video cables?

I know network cables used to require termination and wonder what affect terminating BNC video cables would have.

-Brian

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

The source device, be it a tuner, vcr, DVD player, or PC graphics card, is meant to operate into a 75 ohm load at the display; you either have 75 ohms in the display, or perhaps it is switchable from hi-z to 75 ohms, or there is a looping connector that needs a load plug installed. The loop modules

for ECP projectors are an example of the last type. When you do loop thru several displays, all should be hi-z except 75 ohms on the last in the series.

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

From what I've read about termination (using the search function) the IFB11 has a selectable termination. My 1271 is equiped with a IFB10 for some reason though so there's no switch and I think I need to terminate the cables myself.

I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

-Brian

·
Registered
87 Posts
I believe the IFB10 has its own terminator, the 1271/72 manual says that the RGB inputs are terminated with 75Ohm. The HV inputs are high-imp, so you may want to terminate these, but this is not really nesesary

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,

The manual stated the inputs are terminated but the ifb10 is not the input card for the 1271 or 1272. These projectors are supposed to use the ifb11 which has selectable termination.

Still the ifb10 may terminate the inputs properly, I just don't know.

Thanks,

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.