AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay the short story is a couple years ago I built a great ported box centered around a tempest X2 driver. The box turned out fantastic and I stuck a 15" driver I had lying around. Well I decided to finish it and the tempest X2 is no longer available. What should I buy? I want something that will go really low and shake the whole house.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Okay the short story is a couple years ago I built a great ported box centered around a tempest X2 driver. The box turned out fantastic and I stuck a 15" driver I had lying around. Well I decided to finish it and the tempest X2 is no longer available. What should I buy? I want something that will go really low and shake the whole house.

What is the box volume and what are the port dimensions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the original dimensions from when I made the box.
. What I've come up with is a 20x22.5x23.75 internally sized box with a 1.5x22.5x 36"port. This gives me 6.18 cu ft of volume without subtracting for braces and driver. Wood Cupboard Room Furniture Plywood
there was more bracing added after this pic.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
The cab/port dictate the tune, not the driver.

I would imagine the Titanic would work just fine. You're only 0.75cu ft bigger than the recommended box, which is nothing to worry about. The tune of your box should be just fine for that driver.

Now for how much power it can take in that cab, I'll leave that to the experts on here.

The Titanic may be a Dayton clone of the Tempest X2, just like the Dayton DVC385-88 is a clone of the original Tempest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts