AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in ther market for a new A/V receiver and will probably wait a year to get something high-end. Right now I've got a Yamaha RX-V2092, which was considered a pretty good receiver in its day, but is now showing its age. It lacks enough digital inputs, doesn't do DTS, etc. It's also too bright for my Paradigm Studio 40s. I'd like to pick up a very affordable receiver for the time being. If I buy something like the Denon AVR-587, will the sound quality compare with the eight year old Yamaha...will it be better? Worse? Do entry level receivers today compare to high end receivers of a decade ago?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Yamaha avrs have come a long way in sound quality and features as well,if you are looking for a good avr and don't mind a refurb check this link out and don't be fooled by the price or anything this is one solid piece of gear and it has served me well for the past 3 years.:

http://www.ubid.com/Yamaha_HTR-5790_...-c1014-s1.html

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am in the same boat...waiting for 1.3 and other features at a reasonable price - I am contemplating either the XR-55 for now due to its amping abilities and supposed great SQ, else the Emotiva LP-1 and a used, cheap AVR w/preouts for now and getting a pre/pro in 1-2 yrs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.