AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I was "smart" enough to pre-wire the house for a multizone/multisource audio system. Unfortunately, buying the head-end equipment is beyond my budget.

I have a box in the kitchen to control the outside speakers, which I want to hook up to the "B" speaker switch on my receiver...

I'd like to utilize the wall outlet for a seperate volume control, so that I wouldn't have to run to the family room all the time...Is this possible?

Either way, the two speakers are 30' apart, too far for stereo imaging, so I'd like to send both left and right channel information to each speaker. What is the correct method of doing this?

This is temporary, and I don't want to have to buy any hardware I won't use in the future system.

I start my deck next weekend, and would love to work to music...

Thank YOu.!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and no help?

Someone has to know how to do this...???

Please :confused:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
the only way to use your b speakers to run the deck ones are to use an infrered sysytem in your kitchen to run the reciever.

if your receiver has a second zone output, then you will most likely have to use a second receiver for this option.

as for running 2 pairs of speakers with a 2 conductor wire pairing, impossible as they will not be stereo.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Quote:
I have a box in the kitchen to control the outside speakers, which I want to hook up to the "B" speaker switch on my receiver...
I am assuming this "box" is a speaker selection box; if it is then just connect the B side of the receiver to the box with speaker cable and play away. Since this is just temporary the "stereo" imaging is no problem and not worth the effort to do.

With the wall outlet, what is in it. Is it a light switch or does it have the speaker cables in it? If it has speaker cables then put a volume control in there and you will be alright for volume control. You will still have to run to the FR to change the selection or tune a radio station.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.