AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just finished looking through Video Business (1/27/07) and noticed a large Disney promotional ad, which paritally highlights their Blu-ray titles. Here are the dates of interest:

2/20/07 - Pestiege

3/20/07 - Chicken Little

5/22/07 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl; Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

6/5/07 - Cars

Is it possible to win a "war" in two weeks? This might give us an answer...

Makes me wonder what Sony has up their sleave to start May...

fitprod

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
I wonder if Warner will bring in Batman , V for Vendetta and rest of their so far HD DVD exclusive catalog at around this time as well? I am guessing they will do that some time in the Summer. Wonder if we will see 5-6 titles break 100 in Amazon at the same time!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazman /forum/post/0

I wonder if Warner will bring in Batman , V for Vendetta and rest of their so far HD DVD exclusive catalog at around this time as well? I am guessing they will do that some time in the Summer. Wonder if we will see 5-6 titles break 100 in Amazon at the same time!

Plaz,

By that time I bet we will see 7 or 8 Blu-ray titles break the Amazon Top 100!!

~Josh

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipper IV /forum/post/0

Not if they're BD-25s, which they probably will be.

Actually Disney has been using BD50's with VC-1, so in theory this is the best possible combination of Disc space and disc compression available to either format.

These Movies Should Look Stunning!!

~Josh

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
One thing is confusing to me. According to another list, Disney is releasing The Rock, Con Air, and Crimson Tide on 6/8/07...but that is a Friday. Is this right?

Thanks for the dates for the Pirates movies. Excellent indeed.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 /forum/post/0

One thing is confusing to me. According to another list, Disney is releasing The Rock, Con Air, and Crimson Tide on 6/8/07...but that is a Friday. Is this right?

Thanks for the dates for the Pirates movies. Excellent indeed.

Those dont sound like Disney titles to me...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'll definately be adding Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Cars to my collection
So glad I have a BD player. I just wish it were sooner.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 /forum/post/0

They are. People call them "Disney", but they are part of the larger umbrella of Buena Vista Home Entertainment which supports BD only.

Kinda like how the g-unit are part of the larger shady records part of the larger aftermath?

·
Banned
6,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 /forum/post/0

Actually Disney has been using BD50's with VC-1, so in theory this is the best possible combination of Disc space and disc compression available to either format.

~Josh

Yes. hats off to Disney for doing the right thing!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 /forum/post/0

~Josh

What Disney titles are VC-1?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot /forum/post/0

What Disney titles are VC-1?

"Flight Plan" currently and Amir has hinted that Disney has accepted VC-1 as a format of choice for them, so this tells me we should see a lot more Disney VC-1 encodes in the near future.

~Josh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.