AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the Zenith DTV1080 STB and will need an antenna for OTA HD broadcasts. I was wondering if the Terk is any good, or are there any other antennas worth looking into. I live about 20 miles North of NYC in a suburban environment. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The only thing I've heard about these antennae are that they are overpriced and relatively ineffective. Go with a good channelmaster and you'll probably be pretty happy.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I tried Terk antennas. I regret it. They are not worth it. A good conventional antenna from Radio Shack, Channel Master, or Winegard is much better for reception -- and less expensive.

The myth that Terk is trying to sell is that there is something really special about HDTV signals. There isn't. I would temper my negativity regarding Terk if I had heard of anything redeeming about them. The fact is, I've not heard of one person who was happy they bought a Terk antenna. DTV uses the same UHF (and VHF in some cases) spectrum that antennas have been built to receive for decades. Use the tried and true antennas. The old antennas might be ugly, but they are functional. Hiding them in the attic is usually feasible and workable -- and, again, relatively inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.