AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the Terk Sat C kit pictures that I've seen, show a filter and a cable included. That makes me think that I don't understand how it works because my Terk LNBs plug directly into the multiswitch. What are the filter and cable for? I've read elsewhere on AVS that the Sat C kit does plug directly in though. Is this a case of a general picture being presented with a specific product description?

Also, I've been told that Terk LNBs are unique because of the way they are integrated with their multiswitch. Are these LNBs different from the ones provided by DirecTV? Am I correct in assuming that DirecTV is not providing LNBs for the Terk dish with integrated multiswitch?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
The Trek Sat C kit includes the LNB, a signal combiner and a short coax cable. This kit appears to work with all brands of oval Directv dishes. I used it with a RCA dish without any problems. The Trek dish has the multiswitch at the dish while the others typically have the multiswitch indoors. All Sat C kits include a the Sat C LNB and a signal combiner. The only difference with the Terk Sat C kit vs. other Sat C kits is perhaps the length of the coax cable that is provided (if one is provided at all).

Ron Jones

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.