AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may want to try the Terk 50. I just got one off of ubid for 20 bucks. I intend to put it outside and my apartment complex is the same way. But it is very easiy hidden on your balcony.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Most of the feedback and my experience with terks are that they are not worth the money. for $15 pick up a radio shack double bow tie plus a 300 ohm to 75 ohm converter. I live on the Oakland hills and it works great 90%+ signal.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I would agree with Brian, save your money and pick up a simple Radio Shack Bow Tie antenna. As long as you have a clear shot at Sutro tower you should be ok. If the hill is blocking your view you may not be able to get any of the stations. I have a friend who lives near the marina and the hill blocks his view of Sutro. He tried numerous antennas and never was able to receive the signals.

..Doyle

·
Registered
109 Posts
I live in San Francisco, has anybody tried using the terk tv55 indoor antenna to get hd signals. My apartment does not allow outside antenna installation and I'm in search of hd signals via indoor antenna. Can anyone recommend one that works in the area? I also plan to get a hd reciever with component output cause I'm already using rgb vga input of my sampo for the iscan pro. Does anyone have a suggestion? Mitsubishi or toshiba maybe?

Thanks.

Ifor

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have a 3 year old TV 50 that I am using for HD now. I get excellent reception with it about 35 miles from the towers. It is VERY finicky however and directional even though it is not really supposed to be. The above posters are right in that if there are any obstructions or if you have stations in different directions you will not get good use from one.

Luckily amlost every station I need are located on 3 2000' towers within a half mile radius of each other and I have a good line of sight. Two other stations are 180 degrees away from them so I pick them up well too.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally posted by bdenman:
no; here is the correct one for the RS UHF Double-Bow Antenna: http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=15%2D623

[This message has been edited by bdenman (edited 05-16-2001).]

------------------

E. Donald Argo, MCSE+I

HDTV: RCA DTC-100 / Mitsubishi WS-55805

TIVO1: Sony SAT-T60 @ 88hrs [2.0.1]

TIVO2: Sony SAT-T60 @ 35hrs [2.0.1]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.