AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, WOW, WOW. I have the 30K and let me tell you something my fellow A/V guru's it is an amazing picture. I have T2 on VHS, LD, and DVD. I am going to sell them. Why because I will never watch T2 again on these formats. DTHEATER is amazing.

Equipment:

Vidikron Image Two A, ISF

Vidikron VP-20 Line Doubler.

Who cares about the Audio Equipment. The reason why the majority of us have been eagerly awaiting the release of DTHEATER tapes is because of the PICTURE.

I basically concur with WideScreen Reviews synopsis of T2. The Blacks are black :). The color is perfect to my eyes. The Shadow detail, the white images, the resolution, the sountrack, can we say 3-chip DLP in my own home already. Now, most of you will reply to this thread with positive and negative remarks, so be it. If I want SUPPLEMENTAL material I will go online and find it on a particular film. I now can sit with friends and family and enjoy a movie in LINEAR fashion from beginning to end.

Oh, and about the glitches, I watched it alone once and then with my family. We did not notice a single pixalation. I have not yet sent in for the Software upgrade.

Any Question please PM me or post away.

Oh, I am not for plugging anyone here and I always follow forum rules, but I need to thank Bestprices.com for having a low price and quick shipment.

Abe

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Congrats--according to those who have seen some films, it's only going to get better for you, as T2 (and ID4) apparently are the weakest of the current batch of films going to D-Theater. Good to hear that you don't have any dropouts too!

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Anyone in CT have one of these decks?

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ApoDoc
WOW, WOW, WOW. I have the 30K and let me tell you something my fellow A/V guru's it is an amazing picture. I have T2 on VHS, LD, and DVD. I am going to sell them. Why because I will never watch T2 again on these formats. DTHEATER is amazing.
Abe,

You got me itching! I'm expecting my first titles later this week! I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My T2 came today. Just watched it. It's like watching the movie for the first time again. Not a singoe audio or video glitch or dropout of any kind. PERFECT!

I hope veryone else has the same experience. This is one of my favorite movies, have to admit, and I am glad it's finally in HD.

bb

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I am going to theorize that the DEMO tape might have been the issue. Let's see if the up coming movies have any problems

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I thought T2 looked Awesome! I don't remember ever seeing it this good since I saw it in the theater. The colors are unreal. I don't think I've ever seen skin tones so real before!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got mine today too. Did an a/b comparsion with the dvd version playing on

my Toshiba 5109. Sorry to say, the Dtheater version looks only slightly better than the dvd (Pioneer SD-532HD5 rptv). I'm not totally unimpressed, but I'll wait until more titles are available before buying anymore.

Tom Lamano

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.