AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put together a brand new AMD 64 computer with all the bells and whistles for myself. I really would like to watch some good High-Definition but the majority of the Windows Media HD disks just seem better for showing off than enjoying.

Anyway I just picked up the T2 Extreme Edition, downloaded the patch for the player and for Media Player 10, but the stupid movie will not start. The computer has twice what the disc requires in terms of specs, but it just loads and loads for a very long time.

After calling the help line the guy told me that because my computer was locked down like Fort Knox, it was probably unable to get the necessary (per view!?!?!?) license needed to watch the movie!! I have tried to disable EVERYTHING, and believe me there is alot. The only thing I cannot get around is the firewall in my wireless-g router. I was curious to know if anyone else has had this problem and can really only come up with two explanations for myself:

1. The router firewall is the problem, in which case oh well.

2. The guy on the phone told me that they were never tested on 64 bit computers, so maybe that could also be it??

Any ideas???

· Registered
3,135 Posts
#2 is not the case. The 64 bit CPU is not going to cause this issue. You're still running a 32 bit operating system with 32 bit programs.

I have an Athlon 64 3500+, and thought I've thought about trying out WM9 HD I haven't had the chance yet. Wish I could help you out with more of an answer, but I would definitely throw out #2 as a possibility. The guy who was helping you just didn't have an answer so he said that.

· Registered
1,457 Posts
dont use the IA player or download any patches.....

do this

Delete the registry key for dvdrun.exe to force dvdrun to execute:

- Run regedit.exe (Start->Run. Type regedit.exe and hit enter)

- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Artisan

- Delete the entire T2 Key.

Just to bring it up to the top, you can get a license without using the POS IA player at all.

1) Connect to the Internet (proxy USA based) (t-dsl settings, proxy server)

2) Put disc #2 in the DVD tray, using Windows Explorer, navigate to the root directory of disc #2 and double click on dvdrun.exe (you won't see anything happen, it runs transparent)

3) Open WMP9 and open T2_Part 1.wmp (or chapter 0.asx, either works)

4) WMP9 should acquire the license and start playback.

· Registered
17,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Salmoneous
I continue to be amazed that people are willing to go through so much to see this move in HD.
If you said something like that on the HD forum they'd burn you, then shoot you, then stab you with something large and rusty for good measure. Then your head would be paraded about in triumph. Then, there would be multiple posts asking whether the footage of the procedure was available in HD, was full bit rate without sub-channels, 5.1 Surround Sound and created from a 1080p master for future transfers.

· Registered
73 Posts
You forgot "cut your hart out with a spoon"

· Banned
45 Posts
Do you have your CPU at highest definiton when watching movies, mine is a WUGA or 1920 X 1220? I have a 15.4 16 X 10 W/S configuration for Module, Card, Graphic, 64MB Nvidia NV34, 8600 this was typed exactly and pronounced by Dell off of a 5 page packing slip I keep handy. I hope this helps you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.