AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived. I took quick snapshots for the forums. Its $36.00 shipped.

I will post comparison screenshots versus the BD version later here. But first . . . . T2 movie night with friends

·
Registered
446 Posts
Already have it and I love it!!!

Great example of how HD DVD is squashing Blu ray. Lions Gate who????

-Murray

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'd like to hear about the video comparison with the WMV-HD version too. I expect the HD-DVD would look quite a bit better with the higher bitrate.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvgillow /forum/post/0

I'd like to hear about the video comparison with the WMV-HD version too. I expect the HD-DVD would look quite a bit better with the higher bitrate.

WMV-HD will be included

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can stop e-mailing (including from other forums)for the details. I will make comparison screenshots of every T2 version I can get a hold of. Exluding the laserdisc version. That is just too much work and frankly why bother?

·
Registered
5,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon /forum/post/0

I will make comparison screenshots of every T2 version I can get a hold of. Exluding the laserdisc version.

Yay. So Ultimate Edition dvd (crap) vs Extreme Edition dvd (soft) vs WMV-HD (compressed) vs mpeg-2 BRD (soft) vs vc-1 HD-DVD (better)?

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram Sacul /forum/post/0

Yay. So Ultimate Edition dvd (crap) vs Extreme Edition dvd (soft) vs WMV-HD (compressed) vs mpeg-2 BRD (soft) vs vc-1 HD-DVD (better)?

You can predict much better than Beatboy

My day off tomorrow so I will be working on it all day. Hopefully it doesn't get too hot here in SoCal, or I'm just gonna have to head to the beach (5 minute walk) with my HD camera

·
Banned
2,716 Posts

Quote:

My day off tomorrow so I will be working on it all day. Hopefully it doesn't get too hot here in SoCal, or I'm just gonna have to head to the beach (5 minute walk) with my HD camera

I really hate you.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Quote:

You can predict much better than Beatboy

Let's see some HD beach shots as well........you know, for comparison sakes

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hmmm tempting. I was on eBay earlier and a guy is selling the disc for the Theatrical version disc (in a CD case) and keeping the Extended version for himself. Considered it, but it's already up to $15 + $4 for shipping, and I see this 2 disk set can be had for $32.95 at Exploited Cinema. Besides, as the seller states & Gary's review confirms - the Theatrical version has forced French subs on the English audio while the Extended version disc doesn't.

I have Terminator 1 on blu-ray, and not impressed. Maybe the way to go is to buy this HD DVD version - and sell my Theatrical version disc on eBay.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ordered this from Exploited!! Can't wait to receive it. Also can't wait to see Xylon's comparison shots. Oh, and I also hope a heatwave engulfs California --for Xylon's sake of course.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts