AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on when Warner will be releasing Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines on Blu-ray format? HD DVD version got Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1. I'm hoping the blu-ray version has uncompressed 5.1 PCM.

Any info on this title?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nothing more then what warner said last year about stepping up and releasing more to BD that is allready out on HD-DVD.

Warner is not known for theirs sound so would not be holding my breath for that, who knows.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
BD-J. We would have had Batman, T3, V, already if Java was finalized. It's really frustrating that these boneheads can't get this done. Blu-ray should've adopted HDi if Java is such a pain.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/0

Blu-ray should've adopted HDi if Java is such a pain.

I don't think it is, I think it's a combination of things. Right now the PS3 decodes BD-J just fine and I believe several players have been updated to handle it.

Was there a lot of interactivity on T3?

I think the audio thing might be more of an issue. Surely it's better we get it with PCM or TrueHD than with DD5.1?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Warner was also considering waiting for TotalHD disc availability and then ONLY releasing TotalHD versions of the missing BR titles (in essence discontinuing HD DVD and Blu-ray only releases). However, I do think BD-J is one of the biggest reasons for the current delay.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H9K_ /forum/post/0

Nothing more then what warner said last year about stepping up and releasing more to BD that is allready out on HD-DVD.

Warner is not known for theirs sound so would not be holding my breath for that, who knows.

Warner is releasing The Departed with a PCM track, so it looks like they've seen the light.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Last I read, Warner stated they'd be caught up with the BD counterparts of their HD DVD releases within the first half of '07. I'm looking forward to it as I want T3, Enter The Dragon, V For Vendetta, and Batman Begins for starters.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg /forum/post/0

Last I read, Warner stated they'd be caught up with the BD counterparts of their HD DVD releases within the first half of '07. I'm looking forward to it as I want T3, Enter The Dragon, V For Vendetta, and Batman Begins for starters.

Me too!!!

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/0

BD-J. We would have had Batman, T3, V, already if Java was finalized. It's really frustrating that these boneheads can't get this done. Blu-ray should've adopted HDi if Java is such a pain.

EXACTAMUNDO!

BD-J sucks and we all see the results of having it adopted by the Blu-ray Group.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg /forum/post/0

If BD-J isn't up and running, you can expect those titles to be released minus picture-in-picture commentary.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.