1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=518

the WB NTSC DVD

Quote:
Warner Home Video have unveiled the full details on their Region 1 DVD release of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines that is due to arrive on 11th November 2003. Separate Anamorphic Widescreen and Full Screen editions will be available at a retail price of $29.95 each, with both utilising an Armaray case and offering the following features...

English and French DD5.1 Surround

English, French and Spanish subtitles

Two Commentaries with the Stars and Director Including Jonathan Mostow, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nick Stahl, Claire Danes and Kristanna Loken

Introduction by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Revealing New Footage

On-Set Gag Reel

T3 Visual Effects Lab: Four Interactive Effects Labs That Let Viewers Build Their Own Rip-Roaring Action Scene

Skynet Database: Integrated Profiles That Contain Original Written Material and Behind the Scenes Profiles Mixed with Visual Effects to Create a Stylized Dossier

Terminator Timeline

HBO First Look Documentary

The Making of the Video Game

Galleries of Storyboards, Dressed to Kill Costume/Production Designs, and Posters

Toys In Action

Film Trailers – Alternate and International Trailers

Video Game Trailer – Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines from Atari

PC Game Trailer
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/images/Cov...een_r1pack.jpg
http://www.aoue90.dsl.pipex.com/dvdd...ics/t3menu.jpg

http://www.aoue90.dsl.pipex.com/dvdd...cs/t3menu2.jpg

and

Jonathan Mostow has already said in an interview with Empire that there was not enough time to do what he wanted before the 1st DVD release date and he is currently working on a DVD to quote "that will match the T2 Ultimate Ed

and will be released next summer"

·
Registered
77 Posts
the problem with the statment from j. mostov is that many will not know if they should buy the movie in november or wait for the "super-duber-over-the-edge-terminator-endoskelleton-liquid-metal-5disc-set-dvd" :D but who really knows what's coming ;) i wanna see this film at home and that means i spend the 15,- euro for the us dvd :D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but i am not so sure about a WB releasing 2 DVD versions of a movie in such short time...

i can understand the PAL DVD case, which is made by Sony, which i think will have a Superbit release :)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
"super-duber-over-the-edge-terminator-endoskelleton-liquid-metal-5disc-set-dvd"

lol.

And of course even that version will later be superceeded by another without all the edge enhancement.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi!

The region-3 version for T3 here in Hong Kong released by Columbia also has DTS. Anyone interested??

·
Registered
98 Posts
T3 is released by Pioneer in Japan so DTS is very likely to be on it.

This also goes for the upcoming Tomb Raider 2 : Cradle Of Life.

In November they are releasing The Core with dts sound.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by OTS
The region-3 version for T3 here in Hong Kong released by Columbia also has DTS. Anyone interested??
sure, bring specs, links or whatever you have :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just got the NTSC retail DVD and good news :)

WB used 448kbps for the DD track :)

the commentaries are very interesting and very funny.

the picture quality is ok, it could have been better, some dirt or dust could be seen at start and its a bit muted and soft but overall its a good transfer :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Is T3 any good? I haven't seen in the movie theater yet, so I am comtemplating to get it in DVD. The region 3 DTS version is available right now locally. Should I wait for the region 1 version?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.