AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know the db4 has been highly regarded but I'm certainly impressed with my own experience. I received my db4 the other day and zip-tied it into the attic to my trusses (temporary while I wait on a good mount). Had already pre-wired an rg6 cable so I plugged that in. Got it going through a channel vision c329 2-in 8-out amplifier with all but to outputs capped off. stations are appromitely 18 miles north east of my house. got it as high as possible in the attic, nearly touching the ridgeline of the house. got it hooked up to an hr20-100 and hr20-700. the 700 is pulling 80 accross the board while the 100 is pulling 90s accross the board. all solid signals (no pun intended
)

anyways, interesting point here is that its pulling in a the only VHF channel in the area with a 50 signal power. Is this normal since its only a UHF antenna?

I can definitely recommend this antenna. I need to pull one more cable to get my third receiver hooked up. Just thought I would let you guys know this seems to be an outstanding antenna for the price.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I too have a DB4 and it picks up VHF signals. It may not be as efficient as an antenna designed for VHF for VHF but it works. Since I live in a metro area the signal strength on some of the local VHF approaches 100.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I see the same result with my Winegard 4 bay bowtie. Pick up VHF Lo and Hi well enough to work with a UHF only antenna.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i was to erect a vhf antenna and use a combiner would i have problems from both antennas picking up the channel?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Rick,

this website is so insightful. I appreciate your feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts