AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got around to setting up the internet sharing. (4 months later... that's sad.) Anyways, it would be great if someone with a 5000 series could send me a test clip.

Many thanks!

00004-54831-47063

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well, your not done yet....couldn't make contact with your unit.

Check that the port you selected [29000] is open and forwarded on your firewall to your ReplayTV.

The Dreamer

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for giving it a shot. I am using 614+ Dlink router. I opened the port, and assigned it to the same IP address as the Replay unit.

So there must be some other firewall setting that I am missing. I will check it again when I get home. Thanks again for trying Dreamer.

If anyone knows of specifically what to do with that router, any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My ISP is Comcast, which doesn't assign static IP addresses, and I think they block some ports. If the IP address changes how is that updated when someone uses my Reply id?

·
Registered
112 Posts
First goto http://www.whatismyip.com to see what IP the internet sees you as.

Then test the following url in your browser:

Quote:
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your WAN ip address and pppp is your port

you should see:
Quote:

if you get an error at this point then check your router.

For the DI-614+ depending on which firmware you are using, the first screen should show your WAN IP address, if not find the 'Status' screen. Make sure this IP matches what www.whatismyip.com has discovered.

If it matches you are good so far.

If it is different, talk to your ISP about getting an internet routable IP address.

Veirfy your Router config.

In the DI-614+ configuration, look for 'Advanced' 'Forwarding' or 'Virtual Server' Menu.

Do a 411 Zones on your Replay to find your Replay IP

Then do 'Exit' 'Menu' 'Setup' 'System Information' to find your Inbound Port Number.

Make sure that IP and Port match what you have set in your router for 'Virtual Server' or 'Forward' Be sure to put a check mark in the 'Enabled' box to turn on this forward.

Save your changes and reboot your router, then repeat the first step to test.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW! Thanks! That was a great post. I am going to give it a try as soon as I go home.

Thanks again.

This forum is great.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks bob645,

I had to DMZ the replay. I think Comcast blocks the ports or something. If someone could send me a test clip that would be great.

00004-54831-47063

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCanuck
Thanks bob645,

I had to DMZ the replay. I think Comcast blocks the ports or something. If someone could send me a test clip that would be great.

00004-54831-47063
You should not need to go to the dmz, and I doubt this has anything to do with comcast. Sounds like you never got your dlink to properly forward the port you assigned for your replay (29000 or whatever you used) to your current internal replay IP (192.168.0.xxx).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Bob. It worked like a charm.

Asinshesq, I agree with your observation, since I've heard that others have used Comcast and not had a problem. There was a posting I only found last night, after doing a search for DMZ. There seems to be some discussion about whether d-link and replay have issues with port forwarding when replay is assigned a static internal IP Address, and having DHCP enabled on the router which is currently what I have.

There was some suggestion about using dynamic internal address or assigning it outside the range set for internal dynamic IP. As well as rebooting both the router and the replay. I might give it a try tonight.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...66#post1915666

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&highlight=DMZ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.