AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unlike most folks, I mounted my elliptical dish low. I thought it was an advantage to have it low for servicing issues. It works perfect at the low position (5 feet off ground). Well, one contractor and myself have cracked our heads on the unit twice already. Each time this put it out of alignment costing me $90 to have a guy come out and align it. Since I have a Panasonic, the signal strength meters are not easy for a wife to use while I'm out swinging path, so...

I want to get one of those awesome receiver units the installer has that locks onto the bird's pilot freq and screams higher (or lower, I forgot) as you get a better signal strength. Where on earth can one find one of those and does anyone know the brand name and what they might cost. My luck, they probably cost $10k. Being in the wireless phone biz, I might have a source and not even know it.

LeeG

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I bet you can pick up an analog version for about $35. The digital versions cost about $150 and up.

Try your local electronics parts warehouse. I have a source for the digital meter for about $180 on if you hold out till Tues. evening.

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

[This message has been edited by David Richardson (edited 05-28-2001).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would like to know a source for the digital meters also.

Thanks

Eric

------------------

Eric S.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Try places that sell camping equipment. They generally have losts of stuff for temporary dish mounts, aiming meters, etc. I got an analog meter from Campers(?) World in Bowling Green KY. About $30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.