Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

I'm just about ready to do some early testing of a plugin for Meedio that talks to DVArchive. This will present a list of ReplayTV/DVArchives to select from and then present the list of shows on that unit and let you explore them and play them back.

Right now it's pretty simple -- but you have to have DVArchive running (as DVA acts as the proxy to everything else on your network). One nice feature for those with multiple units is in addition to being able to view shows on a single unit, there is also a "All ReplayTVs/DVA" options which smerges all shows into a single list -- allowing you to browse through all your shows regardless of where they are stored and play them back.

The plugin doesn't allow anything else right now and other than possibly adding support for deleting shows at somepoint, right now I'm not planning on bringing more advanced features out (scheduling, TV listings, etc).

This is early stuff and you should be familiar with installing plugins for Meedio. It'll probably crash and probably look ugly, but that is the case with early stuff :)

If you are interested, please send email to me at gerry at dvarchive dot org

Gerry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
...there is also a "All ReplayTVs/DVA" options which smerges all shows into a single list...
Will that be a feature of DVArchive in the future? It would be great to see all available shows with 1 ReplayTV(Without having to switch the visible unit in the replay guide).

Byrd Dog

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really hasn't been planned for the DVA to serve an "All DVRs" show list to ReplayTVs. ReplayTVs get really, really sluggish when they have a lot of shows -- so much so that folks with lots of DVArchived shows often run >1 DVA server so no one server has more than about 180 shows (DVA can handle thousands of shows or more, but the ReplayTV can't).

Presenting all shows in a single list would likely run into this which at the least is a pain (the RTV grinds to a halt) and worst case, would crash the unit (unfun).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I personally don't have a ton of shows, just many different Replays(5 of them) and it gets difficult to remember where something was set to record. Is it possible to make it an option with a VERY strong warning that it may cause problems? Hopefully that would deter some folk with many large drived(grammar?) replays from using the feature.

I understand that DVArchive is a "free time" project for you and appreciate all that you have accomplished and your generosity.

Thanks for all you've done...

Jeremy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bump

DOH!!!!! I'm suddenly afraid to submit this, given all the comma controversy of late.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BYRD DOG
Bump

DOH!!!!! I'm suddenly afraid to submit this, given all the comma controversy of late.
That comma shouldn't be there. It's another form of a comma splice.

It's a grammatical error and a freudian slip.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
gduprey,

Meedio offers a 15 day trial. Are people encouraged to beta test for a mere 15 day period. If so would you perfer some to start their 15 day trial later, say in a month?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, other than a silly bug, it seems to be working pretty well. I'd probably recommend waiting till this weekend (Sundayish) as I should have the fix posted by then.

However, while I do like Meedio, you can spend some time learning to customize it. If you like it out of the box -- great! but if you are going to learn to customize it, I feel even the 15 days they give you is too little (30 would be better). So it may be you can get a jump start on figuring Meedio out in the next day or so before putting the DVA plugin in play.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gerry,

Which Meedio product are you talking about?

I would be more than happy to do some testing for you. I currently run HouseBot and DVArchive and 2 replaytv's.

On another ReplayTV issue since you obviously know a lot about them.... Any idea how to get a drive from a replaytv 5040 (bumped to 300GB) back to life? It won't boot and I expect that only the os is somehow messed up. If I can't get it to boot, is there any way to get the files off of it? I did see something about Extract_RTV but did not see where it would support 5000 series. So, do you know of a way to get the files off the drive and at least be able to view them using DVArchive?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The plugin is for the Meedio Esscentials package. The plugin is actually in beta and you can download/install it from either the Meedio web site (add-ins section) or from the DVA Website downloads ( www.dvarchive.org ).

I'm fairly sure there is an Extract+RTV for the 5xxx series (that is, if there is any diff in the RTV filesystem between the two, which seems unlikely). Otherwise, you might want to post a new subject/topic here to get more info from those who know.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dpgriffith
I did see something about Extract_RTV but did not see where it would support 5000 series.
Designed for the 4000 series but it works fine with the 50XX/55XX series (the file system is essentially the same). http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=17245 . It will report the drive as a 4000 but works fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
One of the features I would love is to to have my 3 replays aggregated into a DVarchive server that could show what all replays have recorded in the last N days.

I really wish I could sort by date/time of last record on my replay.

Replay_Boy

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can do both of these things with my current Meedio plugin. It allows you to browse each DVR or browse them all at once (a combined list of shows from all units). It also allows you to sort newest first, oldest first or by name then date.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.