AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm new to this forum, but not forums in general, so I do apologize if this is in the wrong section because I know that annoys me when I'm on a forum.

Anyways, a friend of mine has a 32" Haier L32B1120 that no longer turns on at all after his home was struck by lightning. I can't seem to find anything about it online or how to test the power supply unit to know for sure if that is the problem. I assumed it's the problem because the tv won't do anything at all when you plug it in and try to turn it on. Is there a way that I can test the power supply unit myself?

Also, I went to shopjimmy.com (I've bought a DLP chip from them before with no problems) and for the power supply unit which is a Viore 303C3201069 (TV3201-ZC02-03(E)) Power Supply Unit, but they don't have it in stock and they suggest to use this power unit: RCA/Element/Viore/Sceptre MLT666T (RE46MK1802) Power Supply.

The two units look different and I want to make sure that I buy the correct part. My first link is identical to the power supply unit inside the tv whereas the power supply unit in the second link looks totally different. I'm just double checking them, the guy at ShopJimmy said that it would work, but he also said that he wasn't a tech. I want them to be right.

Again, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, and I thank you in advance for any advice that you may be able to give :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts