AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy anyone know if I can test the 119 sat by just connecting LNB directly to receiver and selecting sat 119 in test screen?, or must a multiswicth be in place with the 101 sat connected also....

Trying to set up two individual dishes for local reception. My oval dish doesn't have clear line of site to 119, it gets 101 and 110, but i think a house just above me in mu back yard is blocking the 119 signal...

Been trying for weeks now, bought two sat meters el cheapo (junk)

and a nice digisat pro, but still having trouble with the 119...

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
You can use two dishes to get multiple satelites. You'll need a multiswitch to combine them, though. Some folks near me went this route when the CT locals were added to 119, rather than buying an oval dish.

Another thought is, have you tried moving the oval dish to another spot to see if you can get everything with it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yepper, tried many locations with both kinds new with integrated multi-switch, and also old school 18x24 with external multi-switch. Cant seem to get line of site for all three from one location. I set up a buddy of mine with two dishes one at each 101 and 119, just cant remember weather I was able to test 119 by hooking it up directly to receiver bypassing multi-switch all together. Cant remember if this is possible or not, this is my main question...

Thanks,

:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yepper, tried many locations with both kinds new with integrated multi-switch, and also old school 18x24 with external multi-switch. Cant seem to get line of site for all three from one location. I set up a buddy of mine with two dishes one at each 101 and 119, just cant remember weather I was able to test 119 by hooking it up directly to receiver bypassing multi-switch all together. Cant remember if this is possible or not, this is my main question...

Thanks,

:confused:

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
With a round dish, you should be able to just hook it up without a multiswitch just to test that one bird. To combine the dishes, you will, of course, need the multiswitch. One thing you may have to do is still select the two LNB setup in order to see 119.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy, and thanks...to the best of my knowledge it was possible, and now that I think of it i did have to select two sat setup, and select the 119 bird. Just couldn't remember weather MS was required, thought not! Thanks...

GOOMAN

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.