AVS Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Recent updates :)

I removed the RB-41 front heights, and replaced them with Polk OWM-3's (primarily for aesthetic and placement issues), with a 2nd pair added on the rear wall in preparation for a 5.2.4 Atmos setup. For now, my system remains a 7.2 setup, switching between a traditional configuration (with the rear heights acting as surround backs), and 5.1 + FH, depending on content.
Media shelf has also been re-organized.

First post updated.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very nice setup, grats!

Can you say someting about the dual sealed SVS?! I thinking to change from ported Klipsch to sealed SVS - again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but your setup looks awesome!

Just wondering, what are you using to prop your center speaker up at an angle like that? Looks really cool and I need something similar.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but your setup looks awesome!

Just wondering, what are you using to prop your center speaker up at an angle like that? Looks really cool and I need something similar.

Most Klipsch center speakers have a built-in threaded insert that allows you to angle to speaker by the use of a simple screw-in bolt.

Having said that, I'm now using a small adjustable laptop/tablet stand which I re-purposed to angle my speaker. I like that it raises the speaker off the console a little, and it also acts as a more stable platform than a single bolt. I've extended the bolt in the picture below for reference.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Most Klipsch center speakers have a built-in threaded insert that allows you to angle to speaker by the use of a simple screw-in bolt.

Having said that, I'm now using a small adjustable laptop/tablet stand which I re-purposed to angle my speaker. I like that it raises the speaker off the console a little, and it also acts as a more stable platform than a single bolt. I've extended the bolt in the picture below for reference.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
I might have missed it above, but have you ever addressed that left wall? I would imagine a little absorption would go a long way there. I imagine it sounding like someone talking with their hand next to their mouth, and having reflective issues.
Room looks really nice though.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Sorry to bother you again, but I've really been inspired by your setup. I too bought some Polk OWM3's for height speakers, and I would love to install them the way you did, so they are not flush against the wall, but instead they are kind of leaning forwards and attached to the wall via the angled part towards the bottom of the speaker. Would you mind sharing how you installed them this way, and which kind of bracket you used? Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Sorry to bother you again, but I've really been inspired by your setup. I too bought some Polk OWM3's for height speakers, and I would love to install them the way you did, so they are not flush against the wall, but instead they are kind of leaning forwards and attached to the wall via the angled part towards the bottom of the speaker. Would you mind sharing how you installed them this way, and which kind of bracket you used? Many thanks!
If you already bought them, you'll see the back of the speaker has multiple keyhole mounts, including ones at the bottom, which places the speaker at a 45 degree angle when used. So, no additional brackets/mounts required - just a couple of screws, and the speaker attaches directly to the wall.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you already bought them, you'll see the back of the speaker has multiple keyhole mounts, including ones at the bottom, which places the speaker at a 45 degree angle when used. So, no additional brackets/mounts required - just a couple of screws, and the speaker attaches directly to the wall.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm still waiting for them to be delivered :)

41 - 54 of 54 Posts