AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else been playing Team Fortress 2 from orange box? IT is a blast! I have been addicted. That is why I have not been playing COD4 lately. The game is marred with occasional lag and disconnects but I must say, TF2 is so much fun, so try it if you have not already.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I rented it and thought it was average. Could not measure up to COD4 for me

·
Registered
754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop /forum/post/12856653

BMC walks around with COD4 rose colored glasses. He says he rented OB, but he lies. COD4 is all he has.

You forget someone paid me to take Harry Potter off my hands... so I have 2 games!!

Oh... and quit stalking me!!

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Team Fortress 2 was my overall favorite game of 2007 (PC version). Great to see that others are enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidme /forum/post/12857154

Im stuck playing UT3, I have orange box for 360 but cant make myself pay

for online play.

Free online play on the PC is the way to go.

XboxLive = Booo

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've been playing this on PS3 as well the past few days, it's outstanding. I haven't encountered any technical issues though, smooth sailing. I'm addicted to playing as a Spy.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Its great! Not to mention the whole Orange Box pack. sure a hiccup here and there, but I can't just imagine how great it would be once VALVE patches it completely... Either way, it has more originality and great art style...

Nothing beats the way the game looks, and plays... its TF all the way!

Goofy humor to top it off....

Not to mention how good Portal and HL2-EP2 are... Either way you have to pick this up if you're into something new. The HL2, Ep1 and Ep2 are worth it alone.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asshandler /forum/post/12857878

I've been playing this on PS3 as well the past few days, it's outstanding. I haven't encountered any technical issues though, smooth sailing. I'm addicted to playing as a Spy.

Ain't it awesome how the Spy class plays? It is my favorite too (I love the Demolition Man as well). While everyone is engaged in fierce and crazy battles, I just slip through the seams undetected to create all kinds of chaos on the enemy's back line.

Intel theft is my favorite "sport". You can devise all kinds of strategies to try to get deep into the enemy fortress to grab it, and once you do, trying to get out in one piece is really exciting. You never know who has responded to the alert and is waiting for you around the next corner.

As much as I am looking forward to playing MGS4, I doubt the Spy action in it will be as thrilling as it is in TF2 since you match your wits against actual people instead of CPU A.I.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I rented this game and I'm glad I did because I plan to buy it. It's definitely worth every penny of $60. Switching back to the fast pace of COD4 after playing HL for a week straight was excruciating! I was getting slaughtered there for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts