AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you guys think is the game to get? Factors: Popularity and varied support class play.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Bad Company. TF2 is practically dead on 360, and I doubt QW is going to last very long either. Bad Company's demo has been in the top 5 most popular XBLA games and it will probably be a big hit.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Frontlines!

My son plays TF2 daily though, I stopped ages ago myself.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have to second Frontlines. I love it and it has plenty of players. TF2 is also great, with a smaller community but still plenty of full games to choose from. I have played the beta and demo of Bad Company and am not a fan.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I would only get Team Fortress 2 on the PC where there are a lot more players and maps. I would get Battlefield on the 360 out of those 3.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
had frontlines and sold it

have TF2

never tried QW

beta tested BF:BC

my choice.... Frontlines.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
TF2 isn't dead, granted its a much smaller community now. I have no troubles finding matches even during the late evenings. I do wish they would give us the patch/update though...that would bring a lot of the community back.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
ok, slightly off topic since it wasn't in your 3 but if you like a solid community, great gameplay, and class variability then pickup Shadowrun in the bargain bin for about $10 where you can find it (or online). I play this year-old game regularly still. Anytime of day or night you can find 15-30 matches easily at a given time. The class system is awesome (you pick a race, then further customize your character). It's MP only (no campaign at all). For ten bucks, check it out!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Another vote for Frontlines.

I am so not impressed with BFBC and I really think it is being over hyped. The betas and the demo were ho hum to me.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like the games with the options of support classes (medic, engineer etc). I had not even thought of Frontlines, will have to check that out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was thinking I would buy BF Bad Company as soon as it came out. However after playing the demo I realized I do not like the weapons and the controls for driving vehicles is too cumbersome. My biggest issue is with the scope on the machine gun. Was this supposed be WWII weapons? Battlefield 2 was so much better in every way.

I will have to stick with Frontlines for now. I hope they keep releasing new maps for it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisx /forum/post/14171092

I really like the games with the options of support classes (medic, engineer etc). I had not even thought of Frontlines, will have to check that out.

I think Team Fortress 2 would be best for that.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
TF2 has the most classes in general, but ET:WQ gameplay revolves around teammates supporting eachother, with every class having support functions.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Frontlines for sure! BC is good but the gameplay is better in Frontlines...word of advice if you played BF2 on PC and miss that kind of gameplay and experience Frontlines is the game for you. bottom line Fuel of War is more Battlefield than BC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts