AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody that's calibrated their th-42pd50U with DVE or Avia let me know what their settings are? I searched the "Official Panny" thread but could only find calibrated settings for X50's & X500...

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Of course these settings differ on the type of DVD player you have and then you have to deal with TV to TV variations.

What looks good on one set can be completely awful on another. You are better off just using the disc yourself or even playing with one of those THX discs. Far preferable than blindly putting numbers in.

Like asking people to send you their combination lock numbers hoping it will also work on your lock.

Regards

·
Registered
673 Posts
THX Optimizer utility, which can be found in the main menu of most of Lucasfilm-produced DVDs (bearing the THX logo).

·
Registered
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
fair enough - I just wanted something to tide me over until my DVE arrives.

BTW, what are the THX discs you mentioned?
Many (if not all) THX DVD's have a utility known as the THX Optimizer that can be run from the menu. This utility will help you set contrast and brightness properly at a minimum...

RA

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The guy wants a few numbers...what the problem boy's?

I'd give you mine from my PA25 but the pd50 uses numbers like a 7uy, the numbers run different -30 --- +30?

I like to run brightness at 12-15.....a scale from 0-63 is what mine uses.

lately ive been running vivid torch mode with my brightness down low.

Ive tried avia,thx, and even inhd's test's, it takes some time once you change to get used

too.

Use what you think looks best...not what others recommend.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Because we are trying to educate rather than feed a misconception.

So many newbies falsely believe that performance between the same tv sets are all the same ... and performance between DVD players are all the same. Something to do with ..."it's all digital so why isn't it all the same?"

By just giving him numbers ... it perpetuates the myth ... and when he discovers that they look bad on his TV ... he may blame his TV for being defective ... (or the original information provider as being an idiot.)

We want to teach the man how to fish ... rather than just feeding him.

Regards

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.