AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use a little help. Glauco, this means you! :)

On Panasonic's website, for the consumer version of the HD display, they say that 720P is only available using the PC input (mini D sub 15 pin). No info is given on the web page for the commercial model.

Is this also true for the commercial version?

If so, does that mean we can't get 720P native when using the component input and we have to use the PC input?

I understand that the PC input doubles as another component input, but I was hoping to keep this connection free to also use the panel as a display for my laptop.

It all boils down to this - if I send the Panny a 720P ABC HD or ESPN-HD signal using an HD satellite receiver connected to the regular component input, will I get the native 720 signal displayed, or will it further process the signal somehow first before displaying it?

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ajaxfan
I could use a little help. Glauco, this means you! :)

On Panasonic's website, for the consumer version of the HD display, they say that 720P is only available using the PC input (mini D sub 15 pin). No info is given on the web page for the commercial model.

Is this also true for the commercial version?

Cheers
All the New Industrial (Commercial) "6UY" Models accept 720p natively. :)

See "Present Input Signals" on the Brochure:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasoni...H-42PHD6UY.pdf

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Glauco,

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate it. I was having trouble sorting out the avalanche of data out there and my head was starting to hurt.

I ordered my TH-42PHD6UY from Visual Apex. I should have it in a couple days.

Just wanted to say thanks and confirm, as if any of the regulars around here don't already know, that if you have a panny question - even as silly as mine - Glauco is the source for the info.

Seriously, they ought to consider paying you - or at least offering you the employee discount for new toys. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ajaxfan
Hey Glauco,

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate it. I was having trouble sorting out the avalanche of data out there and my head was starting to hurt.
YOU'RE VERY WELCOME !!! :)

Quote:
Just wanted to say thanks and confirm, as if any of the regulars around here don't already know, that if you have a panny question - even as silly as mine - Glauco is the source for the info.
I keep trying... :D

Quote:
Seriously, they ought to consider paying you - or at least offering you the employee discount for new toys. :)

Cheers!
That's a great idea Ajaxfan!!!

So maybe then I can afford a 50" Panasonic Plasma ?!? :D :D :D

" The appreciation I get from members like you is my reward " :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.