AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done business with Elite Plasma? They are selling the TH-50PHD7UY for the lowest price I've seen. You can check out their web site at eliteplasma.com. If I buy this screen from a dealer who is not officially authorized by Panasonic, will Panasonic honor their warranty?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just checked their website out and WOW - that is a low price. There's a banner scrolling at the top of their web site that they began business in August 2004. I did a search in this forum for 'eliteplasma' and found nothing. I called their number and left a message, so if they call back I'll find out if they are an authorized dealer. Am I correct in understanding that the warranty is void if I don't purchase from an authorized dealer?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I won't buy it from them if I were you. Only accepting credit card from www.escrow.com but not directly! (over $500) What if something goes wrong? You have to deal with three parties (seller, escrow, and credit card company) instead of just two.

I would rather pay that extra $200 (not even 5%) for that peace of mind.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can give you a little more background regarding Elite Plasma. I originally discovered this vendor though an item (Optoma PD50) on sale at eBay. While I ruled out the PD50, given the prices Elite Plasma advertises on it's web site compelled me to do some more research. Elite Plasma claims to be an authorized reseller for Plasma and Projectors (whoever they are)? Further research put me in touch with another Internet reseller in Texas (sorry I don't remember that company's name) who claimed to be a seller to Plasma and Projectors, and could not believe the prices being advertised by Elite Plasma. I tried to call Elite Plasma a number of times, but no one has ever answered the phone, hmm.... This may be one of those examples where if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I was just wondering if anyone had ever done business with them?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The website is like so bogus. The website does not look professional done. They also try to point out that they are an authorized dealer, but what company are they authorized to sell? To me the dealer authorization certificate seem to be fake because we write our date as Month/Day/Year and the certifcate is written as Day/Month/Year. I also notice this question on the FAQ:

Q: Who Do I Make My Check Out To.

A: All Checks Must Be Made Out To

"PlasmaAndProjectors"

Contact Elite Plasma For Full Adress

Saline, MI 48176

Why not just post the address on the webpage? Everything on their website seem to tell you to "call them" or "email them". I also notice some spelling errors, lol. Also how can a company "preferred" wire transfer and check? I would say it's too good to be true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.