AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the very informative sticky thread and I know the differences between Industrial and commercial.

What I need your opinion on is:

6th Avenue $6,000 for TH-50PX25UP with 4 years warranty, VOG mount shipping, taxes etc.

OR

Internet e-tailer $5600~ $5700 for TH-50PHD7UY with 4 years warranty, third party mount, shipping, taxes etc.

Thanks a lot

· Registered
414 Posts
The choice is more if you want the built in tuner & speakers and the looks. For myself I'm going for the commercial version (U7Y) for several reasons, 1) it's a computer monitor not a TV, easier to right off as business expense for my business, 2) I don't need speakers, my surround sound system works seamlessly with my current tv using a high-end remote, 3) I don't really need a ATSC tuner as I use DTV and when I get the new HD Tivo from DTV a built in tuner would be useless.

So for me it's not the cost difference and I prefer the clean thin lines of the U7Y and I'm not a fan of silver painted plastic TV's. The absolutely only advantage for me of the 25P is that I can get it today at any BB, CC or GG (I think BB has a sale on the 25P) vs. having to wait for a webstore.

· Registered
369 Posts
If you don't need the speakers or the ATSC tuner, definitely get the industrial 7uy. The improved video processing and improved anti-burn-in are worth it. An example of what the new video processing can do: I thought my Pioneer did a good job with SD until I saw a 50phd7uy. SD on the 7uy looks almost like HD. It has an amazing sharpening algorythm that does not cause a lot of artifacts like the others. It seems to pull detail out of thin air. You have to see it to believe it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.