AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the th-58pz700u 1- ½ years ago. The other night while switching the channels on my HD sat receiver I notice that when you go from certain channels to another the picture will shut off for a split second then come back and display the input that the TV is on. It won't do it every time, just certain channels you change to, and it will always do it when going from a standard channel to a HD channel or vice-versa. The TV seems like it's having trouble locking in the channel normally. Has anyone heard of this happening?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon802 /forum/post/17020884

I bought the th-58pz700u 1- ½ years ago. The other night while switching the channels on my HD sat receiver I notice that when you go from certain channels to another the picture will shut off for a split second then come back and display the input that the TV is on. It won't do it every time, just certain channels you change to, and it will always do it when going from a standard channel to a HD channel or vice-versa. The TV seems like it's having trouble locking in the channel normally. Has anyone heard of this happening?

The problem isn't with the TV, it's with your satellite receiver changing resolutions during the channel change. The TV is just displaying the signal it's getting from the receiver.

Try this - go into the satellite receiver's settings menu and set the output resolution to 1080i only (disable 480i, 480p, 720p, and Auto etc). This is what i do on my HD Tivo and HD Cable DVR to prevent this from happening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts