AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm realizing the more i know, the more i dont know lol. If anyone can give me some advice i would appreciate it. My inputs are digital cable, about 6 channnels of HD dvdp and Svhs, our primary viewing are cable channels. To make a long story short i have a panasonic 50phd6uy now that is great with HD but seems rather furry with other sources, I'm going to get a 42" instead because i'm getting seasick watching this. (I'm about 7' away and bigger is not always better lol. Since I'm going to go through the angst of delivery, installation etc. of this again any and all advice is appreciated. my other components if it helps are yamaha 1400 receiver pioneer elite progrssive scan dvd and series2 tivo, thanks for any posts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any thoughts on the pq between these? already have audio equipment and yamaha 1400 receiver, i'm trying to spend this money on just monitor quality, but if scalers, converter etc. is better on pioneer i'll do it.

and the mental masturbation continues lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:
i'm getting seasick watching this
Do you mean from the poor SD PQ, or because the picture is too big (at 7' away)? If the later, you will get used to the large picture... and then will wonder how you lived without it! (it took me a while to get used to my 45" 4:3 RPTV, which has a bigger 4:3 picture than a 50" 16:9 screen.)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
both poor sd quality and the size, all that, plus the the wife factor, AND a friend wants the 50" means i start over. now i want to get another tv to end all tv's,....... again lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
both poor sd quality and the size, all that, plus the the wife factor, AND a friend wants the 50" means i start over. now i want to get another tv to end all tv's,....... again lol (thanks for reply)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.