AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were watching TV one night and the set just turned off. I left it unplugged over night but it never came back on. There are no blinking lights like others have had.

I took the back panel off and found 2 fuses. I ordered a few replacements and when they arrived today I popped them in. I turned the set on and within a few seconds I saw one of the fuses blow.

With new sets going for $550, I'm not sure what to do with this one. If i knew I could replace one board for less than $200 then I would fix it. If I bring it to a repair shop its $75 just to diagnose plus parts and labor to fix it...I would rather attempt the repair myself.

Is there any easy way to tell what board is causing the short?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
A. Did you buy the TV less than two years ago?

B. Did you buy the TV using the type of credit card that includes the one-year-warranty extension feature?

If the answer to both questions is YES, then the credit card company will pay the repair shop to fix the TV.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately we bought over 2 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/16959619

A. Did you buy the TV less than two years ago?

B. Did you buy the TV using the type of credit card that includes the one-year-warranty extension feature?

If the answer to both questions is YES, then the credit card company will pay the repair shop to fix the TV.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After trying to replace a few of the fuses that kept blowing, I took a chance and ordered a power supply off of ebay for $75.

I can happily report the TV is working again!

Part number for the power supply is TNPA4221.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts