AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody? I"m new here. Let me start by sayin this forum is very informative and has helped me while researching the purchase of my first hdtv. i decided on the th50pz800u which arrived 2 days ago.

My question is about the hdmi 1.3b category 2 cable i got from amazon for 10 bucks. Its not recognized by the tv (hooked up to my ps3) NO SIGNAL just black screen. Is 1.3b not compatable? Does the tv only do 1.3a or could it be the cable is defective?

As we speak my tv is sitting there with no signal but basic cable available because i'm waiting on the cable company as well. No Ps3, no cable so i decided to run the break in thing with the images on the sd card on vivid mode

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I don't think you are supposed to break in your new plasma on VIVID mode!

This is from the Panasonic site

Quote:
4. What is the "break-in" period and what should I do during the break-in period to minimize any risk of image retention?

When your plasma TV is initially installed, the first 100 hours of use is known as the "break-in period." During this time, to minimize any risk of image retention, you should:

Make sure the plasma TV is in a viewing mode (aspect ratio) that completely fills the screen. The panel is shipped in this condition, in what is called the "Just" mode.

Turn down the Picture setting (in the Picture menu) to +0.

Briefly engage the 4:3 mode and confirm the side bars are set to "Mid", or "Bright". This can be adjusted in the Set Up menu.

Always return the display mode that fills the screen (such as Just, Zoom, Full, or H-FILL).

Try not to view channels with stationary backgrounds or logos for extended periods of time.

Avoid extended display of static images (video games, computer images, DVD title screens, etc.).

·
Registered
5,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stays1nn1n /forum/post/15421093

Whats up everybody? I"m new here. Let me start by sayin this forum is very informative and has helped me while researching the purchase of my first hdtv. i decided on the th50pz800u which arrived 2 days ago.

My question is about the hdmi 1.3b category 2 cable i got from amazon for 10 bucks. Its not recognized by the tv (hooked up to my ps3) NO SIGNAL just black screen. Is 1.3b not compatable? Does the tv only do 1.3a or could it be the cable is defective?

As we speak my tv is sitting there with no signal but basic cable available because i'm waiting on the cable company as well. No Ps3, no cable so i decided to run the break in thing with the images on the sd card on vivid mode

Thanks in advance...

The cable shouldn't make any difference at all. Are you sure the TV is set to the right input? Have you tried connecting the PS3 by component?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i connected via component(which looked horrible) and i was using the ps3 also just tried a regular hdmi and its working. But no luck with this 1.3b category 2. So ur saying the tv is compatable with it? So maybe the cable i got is defective? Thanks for repyling

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read on here that while running the break in images on the sd card or dvd to leave the screen bright but watching tv or movies (in full screen) all the settings should be set lower, brightness, sharpness etc. any thoughts on that? is that correct?

·
Registered
470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stays1nn1n /forum/post/15421093

My question is about the hdmi 1.3b category 2 cable i got from amazon for 10 bucks. Its not recognized by the tv (hooked up to my ps3) NO SIGNAL just black screen.

I'm willing to bet this is the solution to your problem:

With the PS3 in standby, press and hold the Power button on the front of the PS3 until you hear an audible beep. Then select HDMI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.