AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just wanted to give an enthusiastic thank you to AVS for the heads up on David Abrams and Avical.

I live in the Los Angeles area and cannot recommend David's services enough.

After purchasing our Pioneer 5020 - I found David's information on the thread for calibrators that can adjust greyscale on the Pioneer xx20 models.

Working in the film industry, I ran David's name by several friends that are editors and work in Post and deal with color correction and the whole nine.

I was pleased to find that many studios also employed David for calibrating their edit bays. With this recommendation, I made the appointment.

David was amazing all the way through. After setting up the appointment 10 days after delivery of the 5020, to allow for break in, I was already impressed with David's customer service, as he made himself available to answer all of my questions before our appointment, during the break in period.

On the day of the appointment, David arrived on time, was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

And for the results of the calibration?

WOW!!!! It is amazing the results David got for us, especially on Movie Mode. After all the drama about the lack of features in the xx20 models, I cannot stress how estactic I am with the calibration results for movies and games, both look stunning and amazing.

I've had friends over that are working directors in the industry that are currently placing orders for Pioneer 6020 and 5020's because they were so impressed by David's results they didn't feel the Elite's justified the price difference.

I couldn't agree more. But without Dave, I would be listening to all the drama about my 5020, not realizing how sweet it's potential really is. As far as I'm concerned, the money I paid for the calibration was better spent than the extended warranty I purchased. Yes, it's that good.

Any Southern California owner that spends more than $1200 on an LCD or Plasma, you are doing a dis-service to your purchase by not having it properly calibrated.

David Abrams at Avical is your man.

When we go for our projector, I will definitely be using David and Avical again.

Thanks AVS!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is great to hear... Eliab from Avical has calibrated my Toshiba a few times
My friends are always stunned by my picture after he finishes with it!

Now, after reading your review, I really need to get off my butt and get that 5020 I've been leaning toward...don't think I can get it and break it in before David comes up north for his next tour

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Thanks for your report..

I posted your report in the Owner's Thread..

·
Registered
605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX5334 /forum/post/15493773

Hey All,

I just wanted to give an enthusiastic thank you to AVS for the heads up on David Abrams and Avical.

I live in the Los Angeles area and cannot recommend David's services enough.

After purchasing our Pioneer 5020 - I found David's information on the thread for calibrators that can adjust greyscale on the Pioneer xx20 models.

Working in the film industry, I ran David's name by several friends that are editors and work in Post and deal with color correction and the whole nine.

I was pleased to find that many studios also employed David for calibrating their edit bays. With this recommendation, I made the appointment.

David was amazing all the way through. After setting up the appointment 10 days after delivery of the 5020, to allow for break in, I was already impressed with David's customer service, as he made himself available to answer all of my questions before our appointment, during the break in period.

On the day of the appointment, David arrived on time, was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

WOW!!!! It is amazing the results David got for us, especially on Movie Mode. After all the drama about the lack of features in the xx20 models, I cannot stress how estactic I am with the calibration results for movies and games, both look stunning and amazing.

I've had friends over that are working directors in the industry that are currently placing orders for Pioneer 6020 and 5020's because they were so impressed by David's results they didn't feel the Elite's justified the price difference.

I couldn't agree more. But without Dave, I would be listening to all the drama about my 5020, not realizing how sweet it's potential really is. As far as I'm concerned, the money I paid for the calibration was better spent than the extended warranty I purchased. Yes, it's that good.

Any Southern California owner that spends more than $1200 on an LCD or Plasma, you are doing a dis-service to your purchase by not having it properly calibrated.

David Abrams at Avical is your man.

When we go for our projector, I will definitely be using David and Avical again.

Thanks AVS!!
THX5334,

Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure meeting you and working on your display! I look forward to discussing projectors in the future.

Good Pictures!

Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also contacted Dave the day I got my 111-FD and can't wait for him to come out in early Feb to do the calibration.

I would also second what THX has wrote that Dave has been nothing short of amazing in answering questions and providing help. Hard to find that level of customer service these days.

Way to go, Dave !!!!

·
Registered
3,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX5334 /forum/post/15493773

That's an impressive reference for both David and the Display.

David Abrams also did my 6020 calibration on his Dallas Tour with fantastic results! I could only post a complimentary reference for his Avical service as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dave is THE BEST! He drove down to San Diego a few years ago and spent a good 4 hours on my then top of line Hitachi 57s500 RPTV and he made the picture look amazing. I never made a single adjustment to that tv ever again. I now have a Panny Plasma and would love to get him down here again. Any one who lives is SoCal and what a perfect looking tv Call Dave. Hi,Rick(Knuckelhead)
http://www.avical.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I had David over at my place on Saturday to calibrate my set and he did an amazing job! I will be recommending him to ANY of my friends interested in a calibration!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Greetings,

Thank you all for the kind words, I am thrilled to hear that you are all enjoying your properly calibrated systems! It's always great to hear that people are noticing and appreciating the benefits of a calibrated image; and it's always nice to know that they love the service too!

Good Pictures!

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts