AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quickly approaching is the one year anniversary regarding my affiliation with Michael Green Designs. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imaginged that I would now be experiencing what I am experiencing now.

Granted, I have done most of the grunt work in putting the tuneable room and tuneable system together to make an unbelievably superb world class theater/listening room. But, without the guidance of Michael, Gary, and Ivy, none of what is now a reality would have been more than a dream that I have always been searching for. Thank you for helping me to realize my dreams.

Special thanks also go out to Jim Bookhard and Tom Davis for advising me to go for the Chameleons at any cost. They are truly the best speakers in the world, bar none. After three months of breaking in they are the truth I have sought out for twenty-five years, and I am told(and believe) that they are only going to get better over time.

Kudos to Michael, Gary, Ivy, Jim, and Tom. You are now and always will be my friends.

· Registered
129 Posts
Hello Jim that link doesn't work either maybe they are updating the site.

· Registered
451 Posts
Richard,

You're right about the link. It worked when I posted my last post. They are working on the new site for "Audio Revolutions". So, I'm sure it is down due the new construction of the site which will be quite different from the current one. Even the "new" site is down at the moment.

· Registered
451 Posts
Here's the new link . The TuneVilla site is being revamped, so the links to it on the "Products" page (RoomTunes and Michael Green Designs) still are inoperative at the moment.

· Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the link Jim. So the saloon is up and running? So who's going to be the first to go and give a report back to rest of us?

· Registered
451 Posts
Richard,

Yes, the "saloon" :D is open. Simon Edgley from the UK (I hope you don't mind my mentioning this, Simon) has emailed me that he's planning a trip there in June. I think briley1 may also be planning to visit soon.

· Registered
148 Posts
You know what? I'll be there as soon as I can! I can go now, but I am just waiting for the word from Gary. I don't want to waste a trip out there if things aren't setup right, and I don't want to keep them from getting work done which is what I do when I go! hehe I mean, I like Nashville and all, but my primary purpose is the tune!

B

· Registered
2 Posts
I started reading some of the posts a few months ago and read the 10 tips by Micheal. I was not sure like most people are when they read about this "tuning" stuff for the first time. I read them again later and thought I would try some of the free tweaks to see if I heard any difference.

When I removed the AC cable restraints I was first amazed at what they were doing to the poor power cable on my HK receiver and CD player. I played some music and sensed a fuller sound, or did I? It wasn't until yesterday when I noticed that the slight click sound that the receiver made when I turned the volume between 4 & 5 was gone! This receiver uses a -64 to +15 scale, so you pass numbers ending in 4 & 5 often. I also noticed that the background noise was quieter. I thought that there was something wrong with the volume control, and I'm sure that a technician would assume the same thing.

I don't know where this will lead me, but I do know I will keep his concepts and ideas in mind as I continue to develop the most from my system. I definitely believe there is and never will be one component that is the best. Only one that is best for you and your environment.

Keep on tuning,

Tom

· Registered
201 Posts
Hi folks,

just read a little bit of this thread and I can see you guys are having fun.

I'm sorry I haven't been up to contribute much lately but we have been having some fun of our own.

We have already booked four recording sessions in rooms which we originally set up to demonstrate our acoustical products.

You guys are welcome to come down & visit us any time. Don't be surprised if there is some live music being played in the back of the store...

Soon I am hoping to have a Yamaha baby grand in the room dubbed the "Lennon". The engineer who chose this room to do his recording in had been to all of the other piano rooms in town but wanted to use ours. (Exciting, isn't it?). The main reason for my post is because the N.A.M.M. show is right around the corner, literally... If you're interested in knowing the schedule let us know.

I think it would be a great idea to experience live music at the same time you're experiencing play-back systems. In Nashville it is easy to determine who listens to music as an audiophile and who listens to music. It's a great training exercise if nothing else, and hopefully will be a real treat for you.

A great hobby we have indeed!

Your Friend,

Michael

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TomKat,

Fabulous that you have experienced your first taste of the "TUNE".

There is so much more. Go back and check out all of the threads started by Michael Green and Jim Bookhard. The information is from the heart and to the point.

Michael, Gary Ryan, and Jim have all helped me achieve audio Nirvana.

Believe in the tune.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Simon,

Get ready for the ride of your life. The hardest thing then will be the leaving.

· Registered
129 Posts
Hey Bill how about a review of your new pre-pro the Anthem. Could you compare how your sound has changed with this new addition and also your new surrounds and tuneable sub.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Richard,

Anthem AVM20: This is the unit I have been searching for. It is extremely quiet, neutral without being sterile, and versatile. It is very good on two-channel and equally as good using the surround modes. The surround modes, IMHO, equal two-channel for clarity and do not add the processed/colored edge you usually get. I have found the Cinema Logic and Pro-Logic modes to be excellent for music, as have my friends who prefer the added ambience over two channel. The Bass management section is superb giving you the ability to crossover from 40Hz - 160HZ as well as setting the mains to Large and using the Super Subwoofer setting which copies the bass from all speakers set to Large and then extracts the bass info from speakers set to small, to the subs.

The Studio 5's are excellent performers both in "All-Channel Stereo Mode" and in the surround modes. As expected, from my experience with MGD speakers, they are sonically correct in their presentation. Perhaps the most important thing they are able to accomplish is their ability to apply their imaging and soundstage size to the surround effects and disappearing in the room while doing so.

The subs(two) are a great compliment to the bass power of the Chameleons. I am running them in the "Super Subwoofer" setting and crossing over at either 40 or 60HZ depending on the source. As they are tuneable you can adjust them to be laid-back or punchy. I prefer punchy as I listen to alot of rock cd's and DVD's. They also perform the MGD disappearing act quite well.

· Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the update Bill and I'm glad you found that perfect pre-pro for you but I have a question and I'm not sure that you have answered this or not so here goes what type of projector are you using and what size screen are you using?Also if it's not to much of a problem can you describe the difference between the Anthem and Marantz receiver that is one of the receivers that MG recommends.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Richard,

I am using the LT150 projector with a 106" diag. Da-Lite Hi-power 16x9 aspect screen.

Regarding the difference between the Marantz and Anthem. I find that the Anthem is neutral with a hint of warmth while the Marantz is not as neutral in that it adds too much warmth for my tastes. I prefer the crisper sound of the Anthem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.