He's up in Santa Rosa and yes, he figured in some travel costs. I think his fees are resonable for the level of expertise that he brings.
A summary of what he did (best that I remember, including the order)
- Verified system setup and swapped my HD & DVD inputs to the TV.
- Set baseline settings on my Panny RP-91 to work best with the TV.
- Did some initial cable testing and replaced one set of cables that was causing ringing. I paid for the new cables.
- Set baseline settings on TV (SVM, flesh tone, black enhance, color temp etc.)
- Removed SVM wires in set
- Measured color temp
- Checked mechanical focus, no adjustment
- Setup grayscale (brightness & contrast)
- Setup color (Hue & Tint)
- Setup screen size and orientation/alignment, adjustment needed.
- Setup convergence (all 3 guns) for HD, MEGA adjustment needed!
- Setup convergence (all 3 guns) for DVD, adjustment needed.
- Setup convergence (all 3 guns) for NTSC, adjustment needed
- Verified HD results with live video feeds from HDNet, PBS-HD, etc.
- Verified DVD results with Fifth Element Superbit DVD
- Made sure I was happy with the results