Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster ;)

First, thanks to all of you here for helping me make an informed decision. I was tasked with buying a plasma home theater set up for some friends of mine. This forum was invaluable in my research. To make a long story short, I ordered a Panasonic TH-42PWD4UY (April 2002 build date) and it was all smiles when we tested it today. That and the sacks of money that were saved compared to going retail (Best Buy, J&R, etc.).

It'll be mounted on a wall next week, in the meantime, I was wondering where (online preferably) you got your component to BNC adapters that are shown in the owner's manual? Or at least point me in the right direction, like a Google search term (getting nowhere so far). I was unpleasantly surprised when I noticed there were no direct component inputs. Should have researched that part a little harder, I suppose.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are a common enough thing for cable sellers etc. to do. Bettercables are sitting above your post there as a forum ad/sponsor...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, thanks. I was just there yesterday too...

I think I found it here (finally!). Yes? No? Please confirm.

Thanks for the replies.

phern

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
A quick look shows their "premium" BNC-RCA cables use CANARE (like canary the bird) wire. This is the same wire used in newer TV Studios. It is indeed high quality and if they use the CANARE connectors which are "true" 75 ohm impedance so much the better. Most OEM BNCs are actually 50 ohm data connectors. Go for it

T. Wiz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.