Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"8:30 PM

Paris in HD

Experience extraordinary art, hit the sites, and stroll through the parks, markets and cafes, where everyday life is an art. Plus, tips on riding the Metro shopping for essentials like bread, cheese, ham and pastries"

Boy your people are good!

When I asked for a list Japanese HD titles that would be worthwhile for the HDNET, PARIS was on top of my list!

This is one hip Travelogue with a wonderful surreal music track .

A Cuban thanking Cuban

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Fascinating. Wish again that we could get HDNet on Time Warner Cable in NYC.

Maybe all the folks not on DirecTV could see this tape another way--as a surrogate-travel DVD. A vintage laserdisc covering Vienna, which I own but have never used, is designed for industrial-type laserdisc machines. With this setup, you 'travel' down streets via video, select a museum or other item of interest on screen, then enter and view other stored images, such as museum paintings. Guess such a DVD would require a Microsoft Xbox or other game/computer player for 480p. Better yet, a special 1080i or 720p DVD. -- John

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I have enjoyed all the travel videos on HDNET. Along with live sports, I think this is another great HD application. The HD images make the adventure seem to come alive.

I echo Peter's comments... thank you, Mark.

·
Registered
577 Posts
No question we need to thank Mark for his HDnet. But the Travel Europe programs started on PBS. I think it's still showing every day 4:30 p.m. on the PBS HD demo loop, west coast.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this was not the same PARIS IN HD that was filmed by the NHK years ago , it was a good travelogue nonetheless, but I still encourage HD NET to dig up some of the NHK programs.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
But they would be from analog HD and would probably not stand up in quality to these HD video shows, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.