Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of your knowledge. I've been reading this forum religiously, and with all I've learned, have finally gotten my room to the point where I'd like to show it everyone.

I purchased an NEC XG110LC from Terry Ferentinos (Chuchuf) to go along with my Hughes HD STB, and JVC Progressive Scan DVD Player. This projector is great. The images it produces are outstanding, especially with HD.

For right now, I'm using a Key Digital component to RGB transcoder for HD and DVD, and an Iscan V2 for my other SD sources. Sometime in the next few months I will probably be adding a Focus CS-1 so I can take advantage of the capabilities of the projector. I'm also considering an HTPC instead of the CS-1, so I've got some more thinking and learnng to do.

Also, my wife and I are looking into a change in the decorating to give it a bit more of the theater feel.

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...=2&ppuser=5602

If you have a moment, please take a look at my gallery and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Nice! Do you get DTS out of the Zenith Radio! :) Only thing I can see is if you figure a way to get rid white ceiling it will really can improve the perceived picture quality.

Good Work!

Mike

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Looks like a great start, now you'll find you'll spend as much as you have so far on the upgrades..:)

Grab Pronto or similar remote, you'll really appreciate the easier use of the system when you program a few Macros into one single remote...

Curt

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Have fun. If you follow Curt's advice and get a pronto, the older models can do everything you need and more and are only $105 on e-bay - referbed with warranty direct from the factory.

If you need one, i can look over my records and see if I can find the person that I purchased it from.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all of you for your responses.

Mike,

I've been trying to figure out how to mod the Zenith for DTS!

The ceiling is something I've been thinking about, and I'm not sure what to do with it. We use the room alot for just hanging out and not just as the HT. I'm a little hesitant to permanently darken the ceiling. I've been thinking about some kind of system like a horizontal window shade to try to get the ceiling dark when we are watching the PJ. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Energeezer,

My hushbox as it is now is pretty good. We sit directly under it and the sound is much quieter than it was before the box. I'm probably going to add a front to the box that leaves the lenses and air intake open. Hopefully this will get it a bit quieter. If I had to leave it as it is now, I would be fine with it.

Curt,

Yeah, it's a pretty good start. My wife and I are enjoying it very much.

Last night I was woking late and got a call from my wife letting me know that the Denon 2700 had started crapping out. If she touched the volume control on the face or the remote, it sent large pops thru the speakers, and then it entered a shut down and restart loop. Looks like my upgrades have begun. I've been wanting a new receiver so I ordered a Denon 3803. Gonna try to fix the 2700 and use it in another room. Next on the list is a CS-1.

Curt & Scott,

For now, one of the remotes I have is a Sony RM-VL900 universal remote. It controls the basic functions of all of my components fine for now. I'm really waiting to see what the new Pronto 3000 that will be out at the first of the year will be like. I'm really used to the hard buttons on the Sony remote. I think I will be happy to have the 19 hard buttons on the Pronto 3000.

Scott,

If I need a contact when the 3000 comes out, I will be sure to contact you. Thanks for the offer.

Thanks again to all of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.