AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lamp on my infocus 735 just blew up real good. No damage to the projector, it appears the bulb blast was self containted. But...this begs the questions, where is the cheapest place to get a replacement. Is there a place to get this online cheap? Where have all the infocus 340 owners, whose bulbs went, buy theirs?

Thanks

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jmrobbins:
...I mean what can be in a lamp that makes it cost $400+...
A) The same high profit margin that you never notice in a multi-thousand dollar projector purchase. (They bought thousands of bulbs at a much better price originally, but they have standard markup to you.)

B) A little extra margin to compensate the projector manufacturer for stocking low-usage proprietary bulbs for 3-5 years after production ends on your model projector.

C) A little extra margin to compensate the distributors because you will dare to interrupt and place a small order for a single bulb from them.

I admit it's a pain, but think about this: if it were the US Government purchasing bulbs, they would manage to buy at 10X your price, like the famous $600 hammer, and pay $4K for the bulb. Of course, they would be spending your money too, but without caring as much as you do - there are always taxpayers to be squeezed, after all.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.