1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
22,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
483 Posts
I hate systems like this. Un engineered and really just spend all you can at a tweeter type store instead of a custom installer type shop with a real integrator. money wasted all over. Mac stuff is nice but not for large theaters and multi room.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky /forum/post/20805228

I ran across this today. Quite the home theater filled with more MacIntosh

(nice) gear in one theater than most cities have throughout their entire city!

http://www.electronichouse.com/artic...lion_on_audio/

Why would you need 3 SACD players and 6 preamps? May be this is a fault tolerant system with a hot backup site.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
I am pretty sure that is "Masterlu" from AudioAficionado.org. And I think some of you should be a little more careful before jumping the gun when accusing someone of not knowing what they are doing. Ivan has a plan has stuck by it.

Reactions: michaelkingdom

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave
I am pretty sure that is "Masterlu" from AudioAficionado.org. And I think some of you should be a little more careful before jumping the gun when accusing someone of not knowing what they are doing. Ivan has a plan has stuck by it.
I don't know if he is the same guy and has a plan, but anyone investing money on Bybee technology raises many questions about his understanding of the science of audio and video...not to mention some of the other purchases and choices made

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul GS /forum/post/20807592

I don't know if he is the same guy and has a plan, but anyone investing money on Bybee technology raises many questions about his understanding of the science of audio and video...not to mention some of the other purchases and choices made

Raul, I don't know anything about "Bybee technology" but judging by your post it must be snake oil. I just get a bit pissed off when the "He has more money than sense" line is pulled out. Everyone thinks they can put together a better system than the next guy. I just feel it is jealously coming into play.

·
Registered
30,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave /forum/post/20807817

Everyone thinks they can put together a better system than the next guy. I just feel it is jealously coming into play.

I guess the jealousy angle never occurred to me. I just feel some people know the difference between spending money and wasting money.

·
Registered
22,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani /forum/post/20808090

I guess the jealousy angle never occurred to me. I just feel some people know the difference between spending money and wasting money.

A subjective opinion based on objective thought?

Reactions: michaelkingdom

·
Premium Member
7,246 Posts
Well Masterlu once said that he likes Steve Bruzonky on this site but otherwise does not post here. True statement. No he really did not start off knowing much about audio. All you have to do is look at the room and set-up to realize that. However, I think hands on experience with so many of the brands he sells has greatly increased his knowledge.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanDave /forum/post/20807817

Raul, I don't know anything about "Bybee technology" but judging by your post it must be snake oil. I just get a bit pissed off when the "He has more money than sense" line is pulled out. Everyone thinks they can put together a better system than the next guy. I just feel it is jealously coming into play.

I'm not jealous. I think he could have done a lot more with the money he spent. I also think the allocation of resources is too heavily slanted toward electronics and devices of dubious merit, and under weighted in acoustics, video, decor, and interior design.

·
Registered
22,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelf /forum/post/20809090

The real surprise is that it cost a million dollars. Disposable income indeed.

I wonder if he got started with Bybee filters back more than ten years ago when I did a group Bybee filter purchase as Moderator of the AVS Tweaks forum?

I am no longer the tweakaholic I once was (probably tweak more than most but much less than then)!

He sure didn't get the idea for Richard Gray from me. I have my reasons and I never recommend RG products to [email protected]@@

Watch. Anytime now RG's PR firm will contact AVS and threaten them if they don't delete this [email protected]@@

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Surprinsingly he went with an antique underpowered Sony, when he could have gone with a state of the art 30K Lumens beast...

Well look at the article date, and more importantly the completion date 2008 and 2003, ahum. Guess time for an update on the man's first and second theater.

·
Registered
752 Posts
How about this 1.2 mil HT.Sorry I should have said they are nnt speakers 200k a pair.I should have done this to.

Speakers:

$654,000 - NTT AUDIOLAB Model 101 Mk II Speakers w/ room correction (3 pair)

$ 70,000 - NTT AUDIOLAB 101 Custom center (x 1)

$ 28,000 - NTT AUDIOLAB SW subwoofers (x 2)

AMPLIFICATION / Seven Channels:

$238,000 - VITUS AUDIO SM - 101 Monoblocks (x 7)

PROCESSOR:

$ 13,000 - Halcro SSP-220 Surround Sound Processor

DIGITAL

$ 15,000 - Krell Evolution 555 BlueRay Player

CABLING:

$140,000 - MIT Oracle speaker wires (x3 + 1) with longer lengths for rears and sides

$ 50,000 - MIT system interconnects & pwr

MISC

$ 20,000 - NTT AUDIOLAB RC-5 STAND

$ 30,000 - Power conditioning and treatment

=======

$1,261,000 Retail Price

1 - 20 of 81 Posts