AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2007 NFL Playoffs

AFC Divisional Playoff in HDTV on CBS

New England Patriots (12-4 Division Champion) at San Diego Chargers (14-2 Division Champion)

Live from Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA

January 14, 2007

4:30pm ET

Today's game will be broadcast in 1080i HDTV and Dolby Digital 5.1. Thanks in advance for posting all related comments here. Please include all pertinent info; source and provider, cities, station call letters, DBS, Cable, OTA.

Quote:
From NFL.com, by Senior Analyst Gil Brandt

In 2005, San Diego defeated New England 41-17 to snap the Patriots' 21-game winning streak. LaDainian Tomlinson had a huge game in that meeting. Patriots QB Tom Brady needs to play lights out. Watching him play last week, he looked like he was really having fun and enjoying himself -- that was not entirely the case during the regular season. Brady did have a great year, though he was not invited to the Pro Bowl. New England scored 104 points in its last three games, with a time of possession average of 31:38. Head coach Bill Belichick is 12-2 in the playoffs with one of those losses coming when he was in Cleveland. It is tough for a team to go cross country as New England must do here.

San Diego is very good in the kicking game. The team's left tackle, Marcus McNeill, is playing great. And of course the Chargers have got a fellow who goes by the initials of L.T. I'd expect Belichick will look back at how he slowed down Marshall Faulk in Super Bowl XXXVI and look to do the same thing here with Tomlinson.

The Chargers have won their last 10 games, controlling the clock along the way. For the Patriots to win, they have to handle Tomlinson and find a way to block San Diego's blitzes. One thing in the Patriots' favor is that Brady is comfortable in the shotgun, and he can use that formation to see the blitz better.

For San Diego, the key is that they must do a good job blocking New England's vastly underrated front seven. It's not just Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi -- they're all good.

I'm going with the upset here.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Game time weather:

54 degrees

Partially cloudy

Wind from the West, 9mph

33% humidity

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's up in 1080i & DD5.1, on the CBS digital television network.

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today's first game was a good one, I expect no less, and maybe more, here.

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No surprise, Bolts go to LT right off the bat. 1st down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For some reason I am not getting this game on my CBS HDTV channel. I got the game earlier on FOX in HD and usually get all the CBS games in HD but todays is not coming in, in HD on my set, neither did yesterdays CBS game. Anyone know why?

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapride84 /forum/post/0

For some reason I am not getting this game on my CBS HDTV channel. I got the game earlier on FOX in HD and usually get all the CBS games in HD but todays is not coming in, in HD on my set, neither did yesterdays CBS game. Anyone know why?

With so little to go on, I have no idea.

Are you using OTA, cable, or DBS for your HD channels?

Where do you live?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
started off here in Vermont in wicked nice HD...after the 2nd play i now have a crappy pic and its in 4:3

comcast is the devil!!!!

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:

I am using Cox Cable on KOTV in Tulsa, OK. We are getting a lot of ice storms outside now. Would that have anything to do with it?

From the local topic for your area:

Quote:
KOTV does it again. Travis Meyer announced prior to the start of the AFC playoff game that they could not go to HD due to an FCC regulation. Does anyone here know to what regulation he was referring? FOX had no problem broadacsting in HD even though the weather is about the same now as it was earlier.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&post9464267

·
Registered
502 Posts
KPIX via Comcast, SF/Bay area (Mountain View, CA)

Great PQ. As good as the previous game (Bears/Seahawks) looked on FOX (KTVU), the PQ on CBS has that additional "clarity", "pop", or however you might describe it. Flesh tones, uniform colors, etc. appear more realistic and 3D-like.

SQ is not as active as yesterday's game. The sound seems more front (R/C/L) oriented with the surrounds not quite as 'hot' as yesterday.

web

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

Quote:

I am using Cox Cable on KOTV in Tulsa, OK. We are getting a lot of ice storms outside now. Would that have anything to do with it?

Yes but not due to any technical reason. KOTV is choosing (as they did yesterday) to ruin our HD experience by inserting their useless weather bug on an SD broadcast since they are unable to do so and also transmit in HD. Travis meyer is an evil weatherman.

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV /forum/post/0

The Chargers-Patriots game lost the HD signal (both OTA & TWC) about 2 minutes into the game.

This is only a local issue.

The game is available from the net in HD, and has not been in SD to this point.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.