AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2007 NFL Playoffs

NFC Divisional Playoffs in HDTV on FOX

Philadelphia Eagles (10-6 Wildcard Winner) at New Orleans Saints (10-6 Division Champion)

Live from The Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, LA

January 13, 2007

8pm ET

Tonight's game will be broadcast in 720p HDTV and Dolby Digital 5.1. Thanks in advance for posting all related comments here. Please include all pertinent info; source and provider, cities, station call letters, DBS, Cable, OTA.

Quote:
From NFL.com, by Senior Analyst Gil Brandt

These teams played in October, with the Saints winning on a last-second field goal. From 2000-2005, there have been eight times when a playoff game featured a rematch from the regular-season, and the winner of the regular-season game was 8-0 in the playoffs. The Saints may be without WR Joe Horn, who had six catches for 110 yards and two TDs in the earlier win over Philadelphia. Regardless, New Orleans has a lot of offensive firepower. Drew Brees led the NFL with 4,418 yards passing, and he led the NFC with 26 TD passes and a 96.2 rating. RB Deuce McAlister rushed for 1,057 yards while sharing time with Reggie Bush, who had 88 catches. I imagine Bush will be returning every kick here as well. The key for the Saints will be to keep from turning the ball over. The crowd will be very loud and a lot of times a young team like New Orleans will come out a little tight. They can't afford to do that here.

The Eagles need to run the ball to take crowd out of it. Since Marty Mornhinweg has taken over the play-calling, they have run the ball 50 percent of the time. They've won six straight, including three in a row on the road. QB Jeff Garcia has won six of seven games as starter, with a TD-INT ratio of 10-2.

I think we'll see a lot of scoring in this game. The Eagles led the NFL this season with 74 plays of 20-plus yards. New Orleans had 71, tied for second. Both teams went from last to first this year. What hurts the Eagles on defense is the loss of CB Lito Sheppard. They'll have to move guys around, and the depth takes a hit.

Still, I see the Eagles winning a close game.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy W /forum/post/0

What's the deal with the ED? The pregame is usually in HD.

The pregame is always in ED when it's from the studio. It's a holdover from the Widescreen days.

· Registered
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's up in 720p & DD5.1, on the FOX digital television network.

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Anyone watching in Houston on D* (MPEG-4 HD, KRIV - 26) have lots of skips and hiccups in the audio stream? Trying to figure out if it's my SPDIF dropping out, but so far it only seems to happen on FOX. All other channels are fine.

Anyone out there that happens to be watching let me know.

Chris

· Registered
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL01 /forum/post/0

Anyone watching in Houston on D* (MPEG-4 HD, KRIV - 26) have lots of skips and hiccups in the audio stream? Trying to figure out if it's my SPDIF dropping out, but so far it only seems to happen on FOX. All other channels are fine.

Anyone out there that happens to be watching let me know.

Chris

See the topic for your area, in the HDTV Locals Forum.

· Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Interesting that some think that FOX is better. OTA in Montgomery the CBS picture was excellent throughout, the FOX HD is horrid. I can barely tell it's supposed to be HD.

· Registered
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil /forum/post/0

Interesting that some think that FOX is better.

The effect of multicasting on CBS affiliates, and/or cable rate shaping.

FOX will always be more consistent, at least at this point in the game.

· Registered
1,117 Posts
PQ is marginal on WTIC-DT via Comcast cable. Not the usual blow-you-away Fox does. CBS was much better than this today. Tomorrow will be interesting. I assume, like CBS, Fox will have the #1 team/prod. crew in Chicago.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.