The 2009 NFL Playoffs

AFC Championship Game in HDTV on CBS

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers

Live from Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

January 18, 2009

6:30pm ET

1080i & DD5.1

Announcers:

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms, Steve Tasker (Field reporter)

Please include your source (OTA, Cable, Satellite) and your location (City & Station) with your posts.

Quote:
foxsports.com

By John Czarnecki

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The Ravens are hoping the third time is a charm. They lost twice during the regular season to the Steelers, but they were able to run the ball (107 yards a game compared to Pittsburgh's average allowance of 80). Now, they must do that again and increase on those numbers in order to protect rookie QB Joe Flacco from the fierce Steelers' blitz.

Flacco is the first rookie quarterback to win his first two playoff games. With leading rusher Le'Ron McClain favoring a sprained right ankle, look for Willis McGahee to get more carries. On defense, the Ravens will start Frank Walker for injured RCB Samari Rolle and it looks like OLB Terrell Suggs (sprained right shoulder) could be a game-time decision. Most figure Suggs, who led the Ravens with 8 sacks on the season, will try to play. If not, Jameel McClain and Edgar Jones will rotate in for him. The absence of Suggs will negate some of the blitz packages that Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan likes to use.

For the Steelers, QB Ben Roethlisberger is feeling good and his right shoulder, which was separated in September, is healed and he's able to unload the deep pass. Big Ben has been throwing well, but he must steer clear of the middle of the field and ball-hawking safety Ed Reed.

Pittsburgh's offensive line is healthy (center Justin Hartwig will start) and they opened some huge holes against San Diego last Sunday as RB Willie Parker had his first two-touchdown playoff game. Baltimore must be concerned about Parker's ability to gash off tackle. If the running game is working, Roethlisberger can throw deep to Santonio Holmes or short to TE Heath Miller.

The Steelers should be the favorite because in the previous 18 times when teams met for a third time in the playoffs, 11 times the winner was the team that swept the series. Ravens WR Derrick Mason has nine catches for 149 yards and a TD despite playing with a separated left shoulder.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ionship-Sunday

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts

Quote:
Please include your source (OTA, Cable, Satellite) and your location (City & Station) with your posts.

This is very important.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I appreciate you guys taking the time to do this all season. I enjoy hearing from the different posters and how their PQ and AQ compare to what I am seeing and hearing. Thanks again.

·
Registered
325 Posts
rogers cable, toronto, wivb buffalo, sa 8300, pioneer 6010

looks much better than that excuse for a football game i just watched on fox, but a few odd things...game is available on 2 channels up here...tsn and cbs. tsn is just rebroadcasting the cbs feed supposedly, but the audio quality is a quite a bit better on tsn. also a lot of dead space (about 1.5") above the watchable picture when engaging dot by dot mode on the cbs feed plasma...the tsn feed fills all 1920x1080 pixels...

·
Registered
529 Posts
WCBS NY OTA-Very soft today. All the games from Pittsburgh look like this to me. Maybe it has something to do with games from Heinz Field as a whole.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looks pristine hear on KCBS Channel 2 Los Angeles on TWC.

·
Registered
529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnevar /forum/post/15589342

Watching on Dish NYC locals. Picture is SD 4x3 format. Looks horrible.

Wonder if something is happening in NYC with the CBS signal. Mine on OTA and on Cablevision has some judder almost like it is SD upconverted.

·
Registered
325 Posts
so it turns out the game is actually available on 3 channels here... the cbs feed i was watching was actually the west coast one...the east coast cbs has no video size issue, but has random audio glitches

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've had an audio drop out and a video stutter on WBBM CBS Chicago via Antenna.

Picture looks softer than the usual CBS game on antenna and via Directv.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Looks good on D* DNS as well as D* local net. I can't say it looks any better than the Fox broadcast however.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
That call was just plain wrong.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The only things missing from that last guitar hero commercial with all of those dudes is a tub of butter flavored crisco and some scented candles.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Game looks and sounds great on WBBM-DT Chicago via Comcast. The cable cam is a bit soft though. And the field itself is not in great shape but can't blame that on CBS.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts